The Aldi Wine Advent Calendar is the ultimate adult advent calendar with 24 small bottles of wine to count the days leading up to Christmas.
The big news is FINALLY here— ALDI has announced that the 2021 Wine Advent Calendars will be available on November 3rd, 2021!!
- 1 Aldi Wine Advent Calendar 2021
- 2 What is the Aldi Wine Advent Calendar?
- 3 What is new for the 2021 Wine Advent Calendar?
- 4 How much does the Aldi Wine Advent Calendar cost?
- 5 Is there a limit on how many wine calendars I can buy?
- 6 Will the Aldi wine advent calendars sell out?
- 7 Can I get an Aldi wine calendar at any Aldi store?
- 8 Previous Aldi Wine Advent Calendars
- 9 The 2020 Aldi Wine Advent Calendar
- 10 The 2019 Aldi Wine Advent Calendar
Aldi Wine Advent Calendar 2021
This is the fourth year that Aldi has released a wine advent calendar in the United States. Aldi has declared the first Wednesday in November as National Advent Calendar Day, which lands on November 3rd in 2021.
In addition to the coveted wine advent calendar, many other Aldi Advent calendars will be released on Nov. 3, including a cheese advent calendar, beer calendar, coffee calendar, and many more varieties for kids and pets. Our Ultimate Aldi Advent Calendar Guide has the whole list!
Pssst… there’s also an Aldi Sparkling Wine Calendar for the countdown to New Year’s!
What is the Aldi Wine Advent Calendar?
Aldi released the first Wine Advent Calendar in the U.S. in 2018 — it was previously only available in Europe.
Like a chocolate advent calendar, the Aldi wine advent calendar has 24 doors to count the days until Christmas starting with December 1st and ending December 24th. Behind each door is a small bottle of red, white, rosé, or sparkling wine equal to one glass.
What is new for the 2021 Wine Advent Calendar?
Like 2020, all 24 mini bottles of wine are single glass servings and add up to 6 full bottles of wine. For the second year, all the wines featured in the Advent calendar come from California.
The bottles are plastic for 2021, which explains the $10 price reduction from previous years, which all had glass bottles.
Here is the breakdown of wines and their alcohol content in the 2021 Aldi Wine Advent Calendar:
Snowy Night Series
- Brut Rosé, 11.5%, California Sparkling Wine
- Snowberry Blend, 8%, Grape wine with natural flavors and caramel color
- Sauvignon Blanc, 13%, California
- Pinot Grigio, 12.5%, California
- Sweet Rosé, 10%, California Rose Wine
- Brut Cuvée, 10.5%, California Sparkling Wine
Oh Reindeer Series
- Winter White Chardonnay, 13.5%, California
- Cabernet Sauvignon, 13%, California
- Riesling, 8%, California
- Pinot Noir, 13%, California
- White Zinfandel, 8.5%, California
- Moscato, 8.5%, California
Shimmering Lights Series
- Pinot Noir, 12.5%, California
- Rosé, 13%, California
- Reindeer Red, 8%, Grape wine and natural flavors
- Red Moscato, 8.5%, California
- Chardonnay, 12.5%, California
- Sauvignon Blanc, 13%, California
Merry & Bright Series
- Merry Red, 12.5%, California Red Wine
- Pinot Grigio – 11.5% – California
- Chardonnay, 12%, California
- Merlot, 12%, California
- Red Blend, 12%, California
- Red Wine Cabernet Sauvignon, 12%, California
How much does the Aldi Wine Advent Calendar cost?
The price for the 2021 calendar is $59.99 — $10 less than last year!
Is there a limit on how many wine calendars I can buy?
Yes, Aldi says it will limit purchases of the calendar to two wine advent calendars per shopper.
Will the Aldi wine advent calendars sell out?
The wine calendars have proven to be a very popular item at Aldi. They have sold out at most store locations on release day.
Many Aldi stores will have lines at store opening on Nov. 3. Aldi has will first-come, first-served ticketing system starting one hour before stores open for wine, beer and Irish cream advent calendars.
Can I get an Aldi wine calendar at any Aldi store?
The wine calendars will only be sold at Aldi stores that already sell wine. If your local store does not have a wine selection, it will not be able to stock the wine calendar.
Stores must have liquor licenses to sell wine, and some states and municipalities do not allow Aldi and other grocery stores to obtain a license.
Previous Aldi Wine Advent Calendars
The 2020 Aldi Wine Advent Calendar
What was in the 2020 Aldi Wine Advent Calendar?
- Bear Bros. Chardonnay
- Bear Bros. Merlot
- Bear Bros. Red Blend
- Bridge Road Chardonnay
- Bridge Road Cabernet Sauvignon
- Bridge Road Merlot
- Bridge Road Sauvignon Blanc
- Bridge Road White Zinfandel
- Burlwood Cabernet Sauvignon
- Burlwood Brut Sparkling
- Burlwood Brut Rose Sparkling
- Burlwood Pinot Noir
- Elementalist Pinot Noir
- Elementalist Riesling
- Elementalist Red Blend
- Intermingle Dark Red Blend
- Intermingle White Blend
- Moiselle Moscato
- Moiselle Red Moscato
- Moiselle Sweet Rose
- Tailslide Pinot Grigio
- Tailslide Cabernet Sauvignon
- Trestoria Sauvignon Blanc
- Trestoria Rose
The 2019 Aldi Wine Advent Calendar
After the shocking success of the 2018 Aldi Wine Advent Calendar in the United States — which Aldi says was completely unexpected — Aldi returned with a 2019 calendar that had 24 different wines with no repeats. In addition, Aldi greatly increased its stock of the calendars around the country.
What was in the 2019 Aldi Wine Advent Calendar?
- Malbec (Mendoza – Argentina)
- Chardonnay (Mendoza – Argentina)
- Shiraz (South Eastern Australia)
- Red Blend (South Eastern Australia)
- Chardonnay (South Eastern Australia)
- Merlot (Valle Central – Chile)
- Cabernet Sauvignon (Valle Central – Chile)
- Rose Wine (Valle Central – Chile)
- Sauvignon Blanc (Valle Central – Chile)
- Tempranillo IGP (Vino de la Tierra de Castilla – Spain)
- Red Blend IGP (Vino de la Tierra de Castilla – Spain)
- Cava Rose – Brut (Spain – Sparkling Rose Wine)
- Carignan Vieilles Vignes IGP (Pays d’Hérault – France)
- Merlot Rose IGP (Pays d’Oc – France)
- Colombard IGP (Côtes de Gascogne – France)
- Viognier IGP (Pays d’Oc – France)
- Red Blend IGT (Veneto – Italy)
- Pinot Grigio DOC (Delle Venezie – Italy)
- Pinot Grigio Blush DOC (Delle Venezie – Italy)
- Prosecco DOC – EXTRA DRY (Prosecco – Italy)
- Sauvignon Blanc (Nelson – New Zealand)
- White Zinfandel (California)
- Shiraz (Western Cape – South Africa)
- Chenin Blanc (Western Cape – South Africa)
The 2018 Aldi Wine Advent Calendar
I don’t think Aldi prepared for just how popular the $69.99 wine advent calendar was going to be in 2018 because stores had a VERY limited supply. Some Aldi locations didn’t get any wine calendars…There were reports of other stores only having 2.
We were lucky to get our hands on one of the coveted wine calendars by getting in line before the store opened. Honestly, it was just luck with the time we got in line as we had no idea what to expect. I would guess we arrived at least 30 minutes before Aldi opening hours.
Our local Aldi had 14 wine advent calendars and the manager passed out tickets by the order we were in line. We were number 9 out of 14. The limit was 1 wine calendar per person — we only bought one.
Considering the demand, Aldi was very organized with distribution and the actual wine calendar boxes were delivered once the ticket was redeemed and paid for at checkout.
What was in the 2018 Wine Advent Calendar?
Each Aldi wine calendar contained 24 small bottles of wine equal to 6 full-sized bottles.
Here are the wines that were inside the box for 2018:
- 2 x Prosecco Extra Dry, Italy
- 2 x Chardonnay, Australia
- 2 x Chenin Blanc, South Africa
- 2 x Sauvignon Blanc, New Zealand
- 2 x White Zinfandel, U.S.A.
- 2 x Cabernet Sauvignon, Australia
- 2 x Pinot Grigio, Italy
- 2 x Malbec, Argentina
- 2 x Shiraz, Australia
- 2 x Red Blend, Italy
- 2 x Merlot, Chile
- 2 x Sauvignon Blanc, Chile