The big day to pick up an Aldi Advent Calendar or two is coming soon!
Aldi introduced its first wine advent calendar in the United States in 2018, and it was an immediate sell-out. Over the past two years, we have seen Aldi ride the wave of popularity and expand its advent calendar offerings.
In 2020, Aldi offered more than 20 different advent calendar choices, and the company has even created its own holiday around them!
So, what will be available in 2021? When are the advent calendars going on sale? Will there be limits on how many I can buy?
Read on for your ultimate guide to the Aldi Advent Calendars! We’ve got the answers to all of your questions!
- 1 What is the release date for the 2021 Aldi Advent Calendars?
- 2 Is there a National Advent Calendar Day?
- 3 What is an Advent Calendar?
- 4 How many advent calendars do Aldi stores get?
- 5 Will all Aldi stores have the Advent calendars?
- 6 Do the wine and cheese calendars go together?
- 7 Can you buy Aldi Advent Calendars online?
- 8 Do you need to line up before the store opens to get a calendar?
- 9 Will there be purchase limits on the Advent Calendars?
- 10 What Aldi Advent Calendars will be available?
- 11 Aldi Beer Advent Calendar – $49.99; in select markets
- 12 Connelly’s 12 Days of Irish Cream Calendar – $29.99
- 13 Sparkling Wine Countdown to the New Year – $29.99
- 14 The 2021 Collection Wine Advent Calendar – $59.99
- 15 Barissimo Coffee Advent Calendar – $9.99
- 16 Emporium Selection Advent Cheese Calendar – $14.99
- 17 Choceur Advent Calendar – $1.49
- 18 Moser Roth 12 Days of Christmas Advent Calendar – $4.99
- 19 Moser Roth 24 Days of Christmas Nutcracker Advent Calendar – $8.99
- 20 Moser Roth Luxury Chocolate Advent Calendar – $14.99
- 21 Merry Moments My Friend Gnome Kit – $24.99; limit one per customer
- 22 Lego City or Friends Advent Calendar – $29.99
- 23 Lego Marvel or Star Wars Advent Calendar – $39.99
- 24 Mattel Cars or Polly Pocket Advent Calendar – $16.99
- 25 Mattel Kids Toys Advent Calendar – $24.99
- 26 Nickelodeon Paw Patrol Advent Calendar – $19.99
- 27 Warner Bros Elf or Christmas Story Advent Calendar – $29.99
- 28 Pure Being Cat Advent Calendar – $5.89
- 29 Pure Being Dog Advent Calendar – $5.89
- 30 My Beauty Spot 12 Days of Bath Fizzers Advent Calendar – $12.99
- 31 Huntington Home Advent Calendar Candle – $4.99
What is the release date for the 2021 Aldi Advent Calendars?
The 2021 ALDI The Aldi Advent calendar collection will begin hitting shelves Wednesday, Nov. 3, National Advent Calendar Day. Additional calendars will launch throughout November and December as we count down to the holidays.
The 7-day Countdown to New Year’s Sparkling Wine Calendar, which is designed to start on Dec. 26 and run through New Year’s Day, is typically released on the first Wednesday in December. In 2021, that date will be will be December 1.
Is there a National Advent Calendar Day?
Yes. In 2020, Aldi has started a new celebration, which it is calling National Advent Calendar Day. Aldi has said that the first Wednesday of November each year will be National Advent Calendar Day — the day that Aldi’s advent calendar collection is released. For 2021, National Advent Calendar Day lands on November 3rd.
What is an Advent Calendar?
An Advent calendar is a special calendar used to count down the days to Christmas. It is used during Advent — a season in the Christian calendar that refers to the anticipation of the birth of Christ. Advent is celebrated on the four Sundays leading up to Christmas. Because the start of those Sundays could fall anywhere between Nov. 27 and Dec. 3, Advent Calendars have typically started on Dec. 1 and been used for 24 days.
The first Advent calendars were used by Germans around the 1850s.
Many traditional advent calendars were crafted of paper and had flaps that were opened each day, to slowly reveal a picture of the Nativity over the Advent season. Later, the calendars became more elaborate, with small cubby holes for candies or other treats.
Today, Advent calendars take many forms and contain chocolates, toys, books and more. Some of the most popular Advent calendars in recent years have contained small bottles of wine or cheeses for each day.
How many advent calendars do Aldi stores get?
It is important to know that the stock of Aldi Advent Calendars — like many Aldi Finds items — will be limited. Most stores will only receive one shipment of the calendars, and what you see out on the floor on release day is likely all of the stock that store will have for the season.
Many of the calendars will sell out rather quickly, so if you are wanting one or more, you should be ready to buy them when you see them.
Will all Aldi stores have the Advent calendars?
All Aldi stores in the United States will carry some of the advent calendars. However, not all Aldi stores can sell alcohol, because of the laws in different states and municipalities. If your Aldi does not sell alcohol, it will not carry the wine, beer, sparkling wine, or Vista Bay calendars.
Do the wine and cheese calendars go together?
While it has not always been the case, in 2020, Aldi said that the Wine Advent Calendar and Cheese Advent Calendar were designed to pair up nicely each day. We expect the same in 2021. It’s important to note that the two calendars are sold separately.
Can you buy Aldi Advent Calendars online?
No. Unfortunately, U.S. Aldi stores are not set up for online ordering for shipment. Most Aldi stores do offer delivery through Instacart, and some stores offer curbside pick-up. Aldi has said that the alcohol and cheese advent calendars will not be available through delivery or pick-up. Other advent calendars might, but if stock is limited, you may find them sold out before your order is fulfilled by your local store.
Do you need to line up before the store opens to get a calendar?
Will there be purchase limits on the Advent Calendars?
From Aldi, “Quantities are limited and will not be restocked. We may limit the number of certain calendars per person. Because of the popularity, we’ve put some quantity limits in place on select calendars”. Here are the purchase limits for 2021:
- Merry Moments My Friend Gnome Kit: limit one per customer
- All alcohol calendars (beer, wine, Irish cream and sparkling wine): limit two per customer.
All other calendars are available while supplies last and are subject to purchase limitations based on availability.
What Aldi Advent Calendars will be available?
So far, Aldi has revealed that there will be 21 Advent calendars, starting on November 3rd, 2021, with more calendars to follow throughout the season.
Here’s the current list of Aldi Advent calendars and prices for 2021.
Sparkling Wine Countdown to the New Year – $29.99
What is your favorite 2021 Aldi Advent Calendar?
Discuss all things advent calendar with other Aldi fans in our Aldi Aisle of Shame Facebook Group.
Follow Aisle of Shame on Instagram for Aldi Finds all year!