Are you an active duty or former member of the US military? Then keep reading! Sam’s Club is offering a great deal for new and renewing club members that could save you as much as $45 and even get you a free membership!
We’ll go over all the details and tell you exactly how to take advantage of this great deal.
- 1 Does Sam’s Club Offer Military Discount?
- 2 How Much Is Sam’s Club Membership For The Military?
- 3 How Much Can You Save With Sam’s Club Military Discount?
- 4 How Does Sam’s Club Military Discount Work?
- 5 How To Get Military Discounts At Sam’s Club?
- 6 What Are The Sam’s Club Military Discount Exclusions?
- 7 How Does Sam’s Club Military Discount Compare?
- 8 FAQs
- 9 Conclusion
Does Sam’s Club Offer Military Discount?
Unfortunately, Sam’s Club does not offer a traditional military discount. When shopping at Sam’s Club, you will get access to daily deals and promotions, but generally speaking you will not receive an additional discount on purchases.
However, throughout 2022, Sam’s Club is offering a competitive military membership promotion for new and renewing members.
Active or former US military members and military spouses can receive a $45 discount on their first in-club purchase when they sign up as a new Sam’s Club member. Renewing military members can receive $10 off of any one in-club purchase of at least $10 within the first 60 days of renewing their membership.
For new members, this essentially means that you can get a free Sam’s Club membership in 2022! That’s right. Sam’s Club memberships start out at just $45. So, if you take advantage of this promotion and receive your $45 discount, you will effectively be receiving a free membership.
How Much Is Sam’s Club Membership For The Military?
Technically, Sam’s Club memberships cost the same for everyone. Basic memberships cost $45 per year while Plus memberships cost $100 per year.
But there’s a loophole when it comes to military members.
If you are an active or former US military member and can verify your military status, you can receive a $45 discount on your first in-club purchase of $45 or more at Sam’s Club. This means that you will be getting back the money you spent on your new membership, essentially earning you a free membership.
How Much Can You Save With Sam’s Club Military Discount?
New Sam’s Club members with active or former military status can save up to $45 on their first purchase at Sam’s Club by taking advantage of the current Instant Savings promotion.
How Does Sam’s Club Military Discount Work?
The Sam’s Club military membership promotion applies to anyone who serves or has served in the US military and can verify their military status.
This includes all branches of the military such as:
- Coast Guard
- Air Force
- Space Force
- National Guard
Sam’s Club uses ID.ME to verify military status. Department of Defense employees without a history of military service do not qualify.
Keep reading to find out how to take advantage of Sam’s Club military membership promotion!
How To Get Military Discounts At Sam’s Club?
Taking advantage of the military discount at Sam’s Club is easy! Just follow these steps.
If you are a new member and you can verify your military status:
- Sign up for a Sam’s Club membership by clicking here or visiting the membership desk at your local Sam’s Club warehouse
- Verify your military status in person when you sign up at Sam’s Club, or verify online here
- Allow at least 72 hours before attempting to take advantage of your discount
- After 72 hours, visit any Sam’s Club location and choose at least $45 worth of goods you would like to purchase
- At checkout, you will be given the option to redeem your Instant Savings promotion (if you do not see your Instant Savings promotion during checkout or are not notified by the cashier, be sure to ask for help with applying this discount to your order)
If you are a renewing member and can verify your military status:
- If you have not already verified your military status with your Sam’s Club account, you can do so by clicking here or by asking someone at the membership desk in person (be prepared to provide your military identification card, veteran identification card, or other proof of military service)
- Renew your Sam’s Club membership by logging in to your Sam’s Club account online, or by visiting the membership desk at your local Sam’s Club
- Within 60 days of renewing your membership, you will have the option of claiming your $10 Instant Savings discount on any one purchase of at least $10 (the discount must be applied at checkout via self checkout or with a cashier)
It’s important to note that the Sam’s Club military discount cannot be used online. Also remember that both the new member and renewing member discount promotions are one-time only discounts and cannot be used on multiple purchases.
What Are The Sam’s Club Military Discount Exclusions?
Unfortunately, there are a few exclusions to the Sam’s Club military discount.
The following items do not qualify for discount pricing through the Sam’s Club military discount:
- Tobacco products
- Fuel (gas)
- Pharmacy products
- Gift cards
- Shipping costs
How Does Sam’s Club Military Discount Compare?
The Sam’s Club military membership promotion is actually quite good when compared to other big box stores and wholesalers. Many stores don’t offer any sort of military discount at all.
That said, there are a few big stores that offer a year-round discount that could end up saving you more money than you can save as a military member at Sam’s Club.
Here are some examples of other stores that offer military discounts:
- CVS offers a 20% discount year round on their website
- Dollar General offers an 11% discount to veterans and military personnel on the second Wednesday of every month
- Target typically offers a 10% discount to military personnel and families during the month of November
Is Sam’s membership free for the military?
Sort of. Sam’s Club is currently offering a promotional discount for active and former US military members and their spouses which grants a $45 discount on your first in-club purchase of over $45 when you join Sam’s Club as a new member. But the trick here is that a Sam’s Club membership costs $45 on its own. So, essentially, you’re getting back the money you spent on your membership if you take advantage of this promotion.
If you’re already a member of Sam’s Club, they also offer a promotion for renewing military members. If you renew your membership and can verify your military status, you will receive $10 off of any one purchase of $10 or more made in store within the first 60 days of your renewal. For more information about both of these promotions, click here!
Does Sam’s Club give a military discount on tires?
Yes. According to the Sam’s Club military membership promotion, members with active or former military status can receive up to $45 off their first purchase of $45 after signing up for their Sam’s Club membership. Renewing members can receive $10 off. As long as your tire purchases are made in person, you should be able to use your military discount.
Can you get into Sam’s Club with a military ID?
No. You must be a Sam’s Club member to shop at Sam’s Club. You can, however, verify your military status through your Sam’s Club membership to access special deals and promotions.
How long can you claim your discount gift card?
The Sam’s Club military membership promotion does not come in the form of a gift card. This Instant Savings promotion is loaded directly onto your Sam’s Club membership within 72 hours of signup or renewal, and can be applied to your purchases at checkout.
If you are signing up as a new member and taking advantage of the $45 discount, it must be used on your first in-club purchase of over $45, but there is no specific timeline stated in the promotion details. If you are a renewing member, you must take advantage of your $10 discount within the first 60 days of renewing your membership.
When it comes to military discount promotions, Sam’s Club has a pretty competitive offer happening in 2022. Whether you’re a new or renewing member, you will be able to receive anywhere from $10 to $45 off of one of your purchases at Sam’s Club by becoming or staying a member.
But be sure to take advantage of it now!
While it’s certainly possible that this promotion will be extended for another year, Sam’s Club has stated that their military Instant Savings promotion will end at the beginning of 2023.
If you’re looking for a more significant discount, other stores like CVS and Dollar General offer military discounts year round. However, when it comes to wholesale stores that offer such a wide selection of goods, Sam’s Club has one of the best military promotions around.