Did you recently get a job at Sam’s Club? Or maybe you’re considering applying for a job and wondering what kind of benefits you can expect to receive.
Whatever the case may be, keep reading to find out all about the employee benefits Sam’s Club offers in 2022.
- 1 Sam’s Club Employee Benefits
- 2 Does Sam’s Club Have Employee Discounts?
- 3 How Does The Sam’s Club Employee Discount Work?
- 4 How Do You Apply For A Job At Sam’s Club?
- 5 Is There A Minimum Age Requirement To Work At Sam’s Club?
- 6 What To Wear During an Interview At Sam’s Club
- 7 Is Sam’s Club A Good Place To Work In?
- 8 FAQs
- 9 Conclusion
Sam’s Club Employee Benefits
Depending on what position you hold at Sam’s Club and how many hours you work per week, you could qualify for benefits like 401(k) contribution, paid holidays and sick leave, life insurance, disability insurance, and more.
In 2022, Sam’s Club offers the following benefits and perks to its employees:
- Free basic Sam’s Club membership
- Health insurance coverage (including vision insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and prescription drug insurance)
- 401(k) contribution
- Paid time off (up to 96 hours per year depending on how much you work – covers things like jury duty)
- Paid sick leave
- Holiday pay
- Employee stock options and stock purchase plans (Sam’s Share)
- Quarterly bonuses (after 90 days of employment)
- Tuition reimbursement for employees pursuing a college education
- Maternity leave (paid)
- Paternity leave (unpaid)
Unfortunately, most of Sam’s Club’s amazing employee benefits are only available to full-time employees unless you’ve been working there for several years. Basically, the more you work, the more benefits you accrue.
According to some sources, part-time workers must work at Sam’s Club for at least three years to access the majority of these benefits. However, other sources have claimed that part-timers can access benefits after 6 months. This might vary by location.
It’s important to note that many of the related articles on this topic draw their information directly from the Walmart employee benefits book, because there is no published information online regarding Sam’s Club benefits. But as far as we can tell, Sam’s Club and Walmart don’t necessarily offer the exact same benefits to their employees. So, we’ve gone straight to the source and gathered our info directly from current and former Sam’s Club employees.
If you are a Sam’s Club employee and you have questions about your benefits, call 1 (800) 421-1362.
There are also a few other small perks enjoyed by Sam’s Club employees, including free food and beverages during your shift, a flexible schedule, competitive wages, and access to Walmart stock.
Does Sam’s Club Have Employee Discounts?
While it’s not the most significant discount in the world, Sam’s Club does offer all employees a 10% discount on fresh produce (fruits and vegetables) plus an expanded 10% discount during the holiday season to cover more products.
In addition to this, Sam’s Club employees receive a free basic membership that lasts for the duration of their employment. With this membership, employees automatically get access to all Instant Savings deals and promotions which amount to a ton of additional discounts for every employee.
How Does The Sam’s Club Employee Discount Work?
The Sam’s Club employee discount is applied automatically to qualifying purchases at checkout.
When a Sam’s Club employee purchases something at Sam’s Club, their membership will reflect that they are an employee and the discount will automatically be applied where applicable.
All Sam’s Club employees can avail the 10% fresh produce discount and 10% expanded discount during the holidays, which typically covers meat, deli items, and bakery items.
Which Employees Can Access Sam’s Club Employee Discount?
All Sam’s Club employees can take advantage of the employee discount regardless of how much they work.
How Do You Apply For A Job At Sam’s Club?
To apply for a job at Sam’s Club, visit the Walmart careers page. From there, you can search for a position based on location, position type, and more. If you are specifically interested in working at Sam’s Club, select “Stores & Clubs” from the “Career Area” dropdown menu.
You can also browse Sam’s Club jobs directly here.
There are currently hundreds of open positions at Sam’s Club locations all across the country!
Is There A Minimum Age Requirement To Work At Sam’s Club?
Sam’s Club hires minors as young as 16 years of age.
However, minors are only allowed to work as cart attendants before they turn 18. You can learn more about Sam’s Club’s employment policy here.
What To Wear During an Interview At Sam’s Club
Figuring out what to wear to a job interview can be tough!
Here are some good rules to follow when deciding what to wear to a job interview at Sam’s Club:
- Check out the dress code – The best way to make sure you’re wearing something appropriate to your Sam’s Club job interview is to wear something that would be acceptable for a day on the job. All of the tips on the list are based on the guidelines of the Sam’s Club dress code!
- Avoid slogans and graphics – Although many of us wear graphic tees all the time, they can be a little distracting at work and especially during a job interview. You want your future employer to be paying attention to what you’re saying, not what your shirt is saying.
- Dress modestly and don’t show too much skin – Dressing modestly is one of the most important things to remember when choosing an outfit for a job interview. Imagine you’re going to church with your grandma. High collars and long pants are a good way to go.
- Think business casual – The key to dressing business casual is to make sure you look professional without looking too serious. A good way to do this is to go for things like polos, khakis or blue jeans, and solid colors.
- Whatever you wear, make sure it’s clean, fresh, and looks relatively new – If there’s ever been a surefire way to get off on the wrong foot during a job interview, it’s by wearing clothes with stains or holes. Make sure that whatever you wear is clean and fresh. Bonus points if it looks like you could have purchased your outfit within the last few months. Best to leave your favorite ripped jeans at home.
Is Sam’s Club A Good Place To Work In?
If you’re interested in starting a new career or part-time job at one of the many Sam’s Club warehouses in the United States, then you’re probably wondering whether you’ll have a positive experience. Just remember that all retail jobs are going to have their downsides.
According to data gathered by Indeed.com, Sam’s Club scores decently when it comes to employee reviews.
Here’s a breakdown of the aggregated reviews from employees who have shared their Sam’s Club experiences on Indeed:
3.5 stars might not look so great right off the bat, but if you break it down, over half of all employee reviewers gave Sam’s Club either 4 or 5 stars. The most common rating is 4 out of 5 stars, which is really quite good when it comes to honest reviews from employees about a corporate employer.
Here are some examples of what former and current Sam’s Club employees are saying about the company on Indeed:
Overall, there’s quite a range here of positive work experiences to less glowing feedback.
Remember that experiences can vary a lot by location, and the position you’re working in will impact the nature of your job. For example, a cashier has to deal with customers far more often than a stocker, which can affect the overall experience a person has at work.
That said, when you compare employee reviews between Sam’s Club and one of their biggest competitors, Costco, Costco employees tend to have better things to say overall.
Do Sam’s Club employees get a free membership?
Yes. Sam’s Club employees enjoy a free club membership for the duration of their employment. Employees can also pay a discounted rate to get a Plus membership plan if they choose.
How much do Sam’s Club employees make?
According to payscale.com, Sam’s Club employees make an average of $13.72 per hour, which is about $6.50 higher than the federal minimum wage. According to Indeed.com, the average hourly rate at Sam’s Club ranges from $11 to $17.95 depending on position.
What are the highest paying jobs at Sam’s Club?
Of their entry level jobs, Sam’s Club pays the highest wages to cake decorators, food prep workers, freight handlers, and forklift operators.
Who pays better — Walmart or Sam’s Club?
Does Sam’s Club give bonuses?
Yes. Sam’s Club offers quarterly bonuses based on store performance.
Can employees transfer from one Sam’s Club to another?
Yes. But you have to work at your original Sam’s Club location for at least 6 months before you become eligible to request a transfer. If you are facing a significant hardship, there is a possibility you might be able to transfer sooner. Speak to a manager to learn more.
The employee benefits available at Sam’s Club are extensive and generous, but you’ll have to pay your dues before you can access them. Though it’s not clear exactly how long you have to work at Sam’s Club before you can take advantage of the full host of benefits, it could range anywhere from six months to three years.
Once you get your benefits though, you’ll have everything from life insurance to your 401(k) plan covered, plus PTO, maternity and paternity leave, and more!