The Copycat Aldi Chick-fil-a Sandwich is a dupe for a classic Chick-fil-a sandwich! Serve with Aldi Copycat Chick-fil-a sauce any day of the week for half the price!
Aldi Copycat Chick-fil-a Sandwich
The Aldi community is going crazy for a chicken sandwich that tastes seriously similar to the Chick-fil-A Chicken Sandwich..and the best part? You can make at least 4 Copycat Aldi Chick-fil-a Sandwiches for less than the price of two combo meals!
Of course, we were intrigued and had to try the Copycat Aldi Chick-fil-a sandwich for ourselves. We made these babies on Sunday just for kicks…because you know, Chick-fil-a is closed on Sunday and that’s ALWAYS when we get a craving.
To make the Aldi Copycat Chick-fil-a sandwich you’ll need to purchase these specific items at Aldi:
Copycat Chick-fil-a Sandwich
- Kirkwood Chicken Breast Fillets (the RED bag – $5.99)
- Specialty Selected Brioche Buns (There are no substitutions for these buns – $2.49)
- Great Gherkins Hamburger Dill Pickle Chips – We used Aldi Atomic Pickles because we wanted a spicy kick ($3.79) but OH SNAP! Dilly Bites are another popular choice without the spice.
How to Make Aldi Copycat Chick-fil-a Sandwich
1. For BEST results, use an air fryer to cook the Kirkwood Breaded Chicken Breast Fillets. This ensures the chicken is crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside.
Air fryer cooking times vary, but we have success at 400 degrees for 10 minutes on each side.
After the first ten minutes flip the fillets and adjust cooking time if needed. The chicken patties are pre-cooked, so there isn’t a concern on reaching an internal cooking temperature – just a heated interior and crispy exterior that isn’t overdone.
The bag of Kirkwood breaded chicken breast fillets features an oven-cooking method. This would be the second-best option with oven cooking temperature at 400 degrees F for 15-20 minutes on each side. We do not recommend heating in the microwave as this will not result in a copycat Chick-fil-a sandwich.
2. Lightly butter and toast Brioche Buns.
3. Assemble breaded chicken fillets on toasted buns with dill pickle chips. Enjoy!
If you don’t have an air fryer and missed out on the Ambiano Air Fryer at Aldi, consider picking one up from Amazon (these are affiliate links and we may receive a small commission) — it will change how you cook fried foods forever!
Ninja Air Fryer, 1550-Watt Programmable Base for Air Frying, Roasting, Reheating & Dehydrating with 4-Quart Ceramic Coated BasketUltrean Air Fryer, 4.2 Quart (4 Liter) Electric Hot Air Fryers Oven Oilless Cooker with LCD Digital Screen and Nonstick Frying PotAir Fryer, 5.8 Quarts Air Fryers w/Accessories Cookbook, Grill Rack and Tongs Black
These are the ingredients if you just want the copycat chick-fil-a sandwich. If you’re like us and can’t have Chick-fil-a without Chick-fil-a sauce, there’s an Aldi copycat for that, too!
Copycat Chick-fil-a Sauce
- Burman’s Carolina Style Barbeque Sauce ($1.99)
- Season’s Choice Waffle Fries (Optional – $1.79)
How to Make Copycat Chick-fil-a Sauce
1. Mix equal parts Burman’s Carolina Style Barbeque Sauce and Mayo. Serve on Copycat Aldi Chick-fil-a sandwich or as a dip for Aldi Waffle Fries.
Have you tried the Copycat Chick-fil-a Sandwich? What do you think?