Have you ever wondered about the scope of Aldi products? Like what items does Aldi carry year-round and where are their products sourced? When does the Aldi ad come out… what is an Aldi Saver? Here we try to answer all those questions and more so you can be an Aldi shopping pro!
- 2 Shop Aldi Products By Category
- 3 Shop Aldi Products By Brand
- 4 Aldi Finds and Weekly Ads
- 5 Are Aldi Products Good Quality?
- 6 What is Aldi’s reputation for its product quality?
- 7 Best Products To Buy At Aldi
- 8 Worst Products To Avoid At Aldi
- 9 Can You Return Aldi Products?
- 10 Why is Aldi So Cheap?
- 11 FAQs
Aldi sources its products from all over the world. You will regularly find food and Aldi Finds sourced or made in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, Thailand, China and a handful of other countries across the globe. If you want to know where something is made from Aldi simply look on the packaging.
As Aldi has their own private label brands, it can be hard to know who manufactures Aldi products in the U.S. and around the world. We do know that many foods are manufactured at the same factories as big-name brands, just labeled for Aldi. This means cereals and other items like crackers and chips are most likely made at the same plant as their brand name equivalent.
Additionally, milk, eggs, and meat are usually local to the region of each Aldi store. Again, check on the packaging to make sure if you have issues with foods or goods coming from certain countries.
We have a great article on Aldi meat sources that breaks down where Aldi gets their meat.
Shop Aldi Products By Category
Aldi carries almost, if not all, of the same categories of products as your local grocery chains. If you’re wondering what kinds of products they regularly stock, here’s a quick overview of each category.
- Dairy & eggs – Milk & Milk Substitutes, Eggs, Cheese, Yogurt & Sour Cream, Butter and Coffee Creamer
- Fresh produce – Fresh Vegetables & Salad and Fresh Fruit
- Fresh meat & seafood – Fresh Poultry, Fresh Beef, Fresh Pork, Fresh Sausage and Fresh Seafood
- Deli – Dips & Hummus, Prepared Meals & Sides, Take and Bake, Lunch Meat and Deli Meat
- Frozen foods – Frozen Breakfast, Frozen Pizza, Frozen Ice Cream & Desserts, Frozen Meat, Poultry & Seafood, Frozen Fruit & Vegetables, Frozen Sandwiches, Frozen Meals & Sides and Frozen Appetizers & Snacks
- Bakery & bread – Bread, Rolls & Buns, Bagels & Muffins, Tortillas & Flatbread and Bakery Desserts
- Snacks – Chips, Crackers & Popcorn, Cookies & Sweets, Nuts & Dried Fruit, Trail Mix and Fruit Snacks
- Breakfast & cereals – Cereals, Granola, Energy & Granola Bars and Oatmeal
- Pantry essentials – Oils & Vinegars, Spreads, Condiments & Dressings, Sauces & Salsa, Soups & Broth, Spices, Baking Supplies & Ingredients, Pasta, Rice & Grains and Canned Food
- Beverages – Water, Soda & Pop, Juice & Cider, Coffee, Tea, Sports Drinks, Protein Powder & Shakes and Drink Mixes
- Alcohol – Red Wine, White Wine, Sparkling Wine, Rosé Wine, Specialty Wine, Beer and Hard Beverages
- Pet supplies – Cat Food & Treats and Dog Food & Treats
- Baby items – Diapers Wipes & Wash, Baby Formula and Baby Food & Snacks
- Household essentials – Paper & Plastic Products, Laundry, Soap & Cleaner and Candles & Air Fresheners
- Personal care – Health & Wellness, Body & Skin Care, Hair Care, Oral Care and Hand Soaps & Sanitizers
Shop Aldi Products By Brand
More than 90% of the products Aldi carries are Aldi brands. Here’s a list of Aldi Private Label brands throughout the store.
- Appleton Farms – Ham and Salami
- Aunt Maple’s – Pancake Mix and Maple Syrup
- Bake House Creations – Refrigerated Biscuits and Cookies
- Baker’s Corner – Baking Supplies
- Baker’s Treat – Individually Wrapped Snack Cakes and Rolls
- Barissimo – Coffee
- Beaumont – Coffee
- Belmont – Ice Cream and Pies
- Benner – Tea
- Benton’s – Packaged Cookies and Ice Cream Cones
- Berryhill – Honey, Jelly and Spreads
- Bon Italia – Canned Ravioli and Pasta with Sauce
- Breakfast Best – Frozen Breakfast Favorites
- Bremer – Frozen Meals
- Brookdale – Canned Meat
- Burman’s – Ketchup, Mayo, BBQ Sauce and Condiments
- Carlini – Cooking Oils
- Casa Mamita – Mexican Favorites
- Cattlemen’s Ranch – Beef Patties
- Cheese Club – Mac & Cheese
- Chef’s Cupboard – Broth, Soup and Boxed Sides
- Choceur – Chocolate
- Clancy’s – Chips and Snacks
- Cook House – Cooking Sauces
- Countryside Creamery – Butter and Cream
- Dakota’s Pride – Canned Beans
- Deutsche Kuche – German Product Line
Earth Grown – Plant-Based and Vegan Products
- Earthly Grains – Boxed and Bagged Grains
- Elevation – Protein Bars and Shakes
- Fit & Active – For a Healthier You
- Fremont Fish Market – Fish and Seafood
- Friendly Farms – Milk & Dairy Products
- Fusia – Asian Favorites
- Goldhen – Eggs
- Great Gherkins – Pickles
- Happy Farms – Cheese
- Happy Harvest – Canned Vegetables
- Journey To Thailand – Thai Favorites
- Kirkwood – Chicken and Turkey Products
- Little Salad Bar – Greens and Premade Salads
- liveGfree – Gluten-Free Products
- L’oven Fresh – Bread
- Lunch Buddies – Fruit Snack and Lunchbox Favorites
- Lunch Mate – Lunch Meat
- Mama Cozzi’s – Pizza and Garlic Bread
- Millville – Cereal and Bars
- Moser Roth – Chocolate
- Nature’s Nectar – Fruit Juice
- Never Any! – Meat without antibiotics or steroids
- Northern Catch – Canned Tuna
- Park Street Deli – Hummus, Pickles, Dips and Packaged Deli Sides
- Parkview – Hot Dogs and Sausages
- Peanut Delight – Peanut Butter
- Priano – Premium Italian Favorites
- Pueblo Lindo – Hispanic Favorites
- PurAqua – Water
- Reggano – Pasta and Jarred Sauce
- Savoritz – Crackers
- Sea Queen – Shrimp and Fish
- Season’s Choice – Frozen Fruit and Vegetables
- Simms – Jerky and Meat Snacks
- Simply Nature – Feel Good Ingredients
- Southern Grove – Dried Fruit and Nuts
- Specialty Selected – Aldi Gone Gourmet
- Stonemill – Spices and Seasonings
- Sundae Shoppe – Ice Cream and Fruit Bars
- Sweet Harvest – Canned Fruit
- Tuscan Garden – Salad Dressings and Salad Toppings
- Village Bakery – Baked Goods
- Winking Owl – Affordable Wine
Aldi Finds and Weekly Ads
Every week Aldi releases an Aldi on either Sunday or Wednesday, depending on where you are located. Most stores have Wednesday ads, and this is where you will find the upcoming week of Aldi Savers and Aldi Finds.
Aldi Savers are discounts on everyday food items that last for one week only. For example, hotdogs might be on sale this week for $.99 versus the regular price of $1.15. This would be an Aldi Saver.
Aldi Finds are typically non-food items that are available while supplies last. The items are not restocked and may or may not come back next season.
Are Aldi Products Good Quality?
The quality of Aldi products isn’t just good, it’s great! Many items, including wine, cheese, and cured meats (charcuterie board, anyone!) are imported from their origin in Europe.
Aldi has fantastic German, Italian, Mexican and Mediterranean food weeks where unique food finds are imported from each destination at unbeatable prices.
Plus, meat, eggs and milk are usually sourced locally, so you’re getting the freshest quality.
What is Aldi’s reputation for its product quality?
Aldi has a great reputation for product quality. Aldi consistently win awards for having the best-tasting foods. In 2022, seven ALDI-exclusive foods were chosen by customers in a national survey as 2022 Product of the Year winners in their respective categories:
- Emporium Cracker Cuts (Extra Sharp Cheddar or Gouda, Extra Sharp White Cheddar) – Cheese Category
- Clancy’s Pub Style Seasoned Pretzels – Salty Snacks Category
- Park Street Deli Dips (Mexicali or Street Corn) – Dips & Condiments Category
- Specially Selected Brioche or French Toast Bagels – Breakfast Category
- L’oven Fresh Bagged Garlic Knots – Bakery Category
- Peaks & Tides Pinot Noir – Alcoholic Beverages Category
- Park Street Deli Chicken (Hawaiian or Coconut Thai Coconut) – Convenience Meal Category
Additionally, in 2021, 60+ Little Journey baby & toddler essentials, 2 Simply Nature, 20 liveGfree, 25+ NeverAny! and 30+ Earth Grown ALDI-exclusive products earned the Good Housekeeping Seal, bringing the symbol of quality assurance and consumer protection:
- Little Journey items with the Seal include a wide range of products from newborn diapers and wipes to gentle baby wash and organic puree pouches.
- Simply Nature items with the Seal include Fresh Organic Chicken Breasts and Organic Grass Fed Ground Beef.
- liveGfree items with the Seal include a variety of snack products and bread items.
- NeverAny! items with the Seal include a wide range of meat products.
- Earth Grown items with the Seal include a variety of meats and dairy products.
Best Products To Buy At Aldi
16 ALDI-exclusive favorites have been voted winners of the 2022 Best New Product Awards thanks to feedback from consumers:
- Emporium Cracker Cuts (Extra Sharp Cheddar or Gouda) – Sliced Cheese Category
- Emporium Selection Artisan Cheese Assortment (Everything Goat Log, Truffle Goat Logs, Goat Cheddar, Goat Brie) – Goat Cheese Category
- Specially Selected Ready to Roast Vegetables (Carrot & Sweet Potato, Mediterranean Vegetables) – Frozen Vegetables Category
- Elevation Keto Bars (Salted Caramel Pecan, Chocolate Almond Brownie and Chocolate Coconut Macaroon) – Keto Bars Category
- Clancy’s Pub Style Seasoned Pretzels – Pretzels Category
- Specially Selected Macarons (Chocolate, Vanilla, Salted Caramel, Lemon, Raspberry, Pistachio) – Macaron Category
- Sundae Shoppe Mini Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich – Frozen Dessert Sandwich Category
- Priano Cheese & Spinach Manicotti – Pasta Ready Made Meal Category
- L’oven Fresh Protein Bread – Low Carb Bread Category
- Simply Nature Thin-sliced Organic Bread (Seedtastic, Graintastic) – Organic Bread Category
- Specially Selected 6 ct. Brioche Buns – Brioche Buns/Bagels Category
- Don’t Mind If I Do Sauvignon Blanc – Store Brand White Wine Category
- Exquisite Collection Cotes de Provence Rosé – Store Brand Rose Wine Category
- Connelly’s Original Country Cream – Store Brand Cream Liqueur Category
- Nature’s Nectar Aloe Vera Drink Mixed Case (Original, Mango) – Juice Category
- Park Street Deli Party Dips (Buffalo Chicken, Bacon Cheddar) – Dips Category
Worst Products To Avoid At Aldi
There are many articles online that have a list of the worst products to buy at Aldi and we have gone over them and disagree with almost every item listed. There are always misses, Aldi isn’t perfect. We have heard the frozen sushi isn’t so great along with the cheese curls. We personally suggest avoiding the low-calorie red wine– that went straight down the drain.
The positive news is that if you buy an Aldi-branded product that you don’t love, you can return it to the store with their Twice as Nice Guarantee.
Which Aldi Products Have Been Recalled?
Just like any other store, Aldi has had recalled products. You can check the Aldi Recall page for any current or past recalls. In addition to visiting this page for recall announcements or updates, Aldi shoppers can access more information at http://www.recalls.gov or the CPSC (Consumer Product Safety Commission) at http://www.CPSC.gov.
Some recalled products in the past year include peanut butter, green beans, salad, blueberries and stuffed chicken breasts.
Can You Return Aldi Products?
Yes, you can absolutely return Aldi products! In fact, Aldi has one of the best return policies of any grocer.
Aldi stands behind their products so much that they have a Twice as Nice Guarantee in place. If for any reason you are not 100% satisfied with the quality of any Aldi brand food item, Aldi will replace the product AND refund your money!
The Aldi Twice As Nice Guarantee does not apply to non-food ALDI Finds items, alcohol, national brands, and non-quality related issues.
You’ll need to bring your receipt as well as the remaining product if you want a refund in the original form of payment.
If you don’t have your receipt, you’ll receive an Aldi gift card equal to the current price of the returned item. So if an item is now on sale and you don’t have a receipt, you’ll get back the amount of the item on sale, regardless of the price you paid.
For non-food ALDI Find items, alcohol, national brands or non-quality related issues, a replacement or refund will be offered.
Why is Aldi So Cheap?
Aldi’s business model is to be a price leader and offer customers grocery and other items for up to 50% less than what other retailers give. It achieves this by maintaining a thin selection of popular private label items and a no-frills shopping experience.
Despite the low prices, the items sold at Aldi are of good quality. Their business model aims to cut unnecessary costs often passed on to customers, allowing Aldi to offer good quality items at lower prices than most retailers.
Are Aldi Products Always the Cheapest?
No, Aldi products aren’t always the cheapest. You’ll be hard-pressed to find a single grocery store that consistently has the cheapest price on every item.
As a whole, Aldi is usually at least 30% cheaper than major grocery chains, with many items being up to 50% off. Produce is especially affordable at Aldi.
The cheapest items at Aldi compared to other grocery stores will always be their private label brand products.
Does Aldi carry vegan products?
Yes, Aldi carries vegan products under their private label Earth Grown product line.
Tofu and non-dairy beverages are always available, however, every few months Aldi will have a vegan foods week where plant-based proteins are in abundance. This is when you will find Earth Grown Chik’n Nuggets, Earth Grown Beefless Crumbles, Chickenless Strips & Patties and Veggie Burgers. If you are vegan, we suggest stocking up on these froen vegan food faves as soon as you see them in-store.
Does Aldi carry gluten-free products?
Yes, Aldi carries gluten-free products under their private label liveGfree line.
Aldi offers 17 gluten-free items from bread, pasta and pretzels to cookies, brownie mix and granola.
Additionally, Aldi offers a variety of gluten-free Aldi Finds throughout the year. These foods generally only stick around for a week or two and once they are gone they aren’t restocked until the next season, if at all.
Here are the 10 Best Gluten-Free Products To Buy At Aldi
- liveGfree Gluten-Free General Tso’s Gluten Free Chicken
- liveGfree Black Sesame Brown Rice Crisps
- liveGfree Gluten Free Soft Baked Snickerdoodle Cookies
- liveGfree Wide Pan Gluten Free Bread White
- liveGfree Gluten Free Everything Bagels
- liveGfree Gluten Free Brownie Mix
- liveGfree Gluten Free Deluxe Macaroni & Cheese
- liveGfreeGluten Free Baked Chewy Caramel Apple Bars
- liveGfree Chocolate Frosted Gluten-Free Donuts (Aldi Find – Limited Availability)
- liveGfree Cheese Ravioli (Aldi Find – Limited Availability)
Are Aldi products the same as Name Brands?
Aldi products are typically pretty close to their name-brand counterparts. They are not the EXACT same, but they are often so close, being made in the same factories, that it can be hard to tell the difference in a taste test. The biggest difference is the price – Aldi is almost always cheaper by a landslide!
Are Aldi cleaning products any good?
The cleaning products at Aldi are a mix of name brands, like Tide, Cascade, Dawn and Fabuloso mixed in with Aldi Radiance and Tandil brands. They are all very good.
There is one particular product that is not an Aldi brand that members of the Aisle of Shame Facebook community rave over and call a miracle cleaner. It’s called Cloralen. It’s not always in-stock at Aldi, but it pops up pretty frequently and it really, really works.
What Aldi products are halal?
Aldi meat is not halal in the United States. There are no halal products at Aldi.
What Aldi products contain palm oil?
We do not have an official list of Aldi products that contain palm oil, however, Aldi has released this statement on palm oil:
“Palm oil, an edible vegetable oil and a key ingredient in many foods, has been linked to major global and environmental issues. That’s why we’ve taken steps to offer healthier, sustainable and safer alternatives:
- Since 2010, we have been a member of the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO), an industry-wide initiative that promotes the growth and use of sustainable palm oil products.
- All palm oil, palm kernel oil and palm-based derivatives used in our ALDI-exclusive brand
food come from RSPO-certified sustainable sources.
By the end of 2025, we aim to convert to RSPO-certified derivatives and fractions for all non-food products.”
If you are avoiding a specific ingredient for health or ethical reasons, be sure to look at the full ingredient list before purchasing.
Who makes Aldi Gardenline products?
Gardenline is Aldi’s private label brand for its garden product line. These products range from hoses and greenhouses to outdoor heaters and garden tools. There is not one specific company that makes Gardenline products for Aldi.
You can take a look at the Aldi Warranties and Manuals page and search “Gardenline” to see warranty information for specific products. That can give you an indication of what company the item was made by. We did a quick search and found that a few Aldi Gardenline hoses were made by Orbit and gardening gloves were made by Centurion.
You can use this same method for other Aldi Finds, not just Gardenline, to see warranty info, which will usually clue you into who makes the product.
Who delivers Aldi products?
Instacart delivers Aldi products. You can use the Instacart app if Aldi delivery is available in your area. Aldi also has an online portal where you can add items to be delivered by Instacart at shop.aldi.us. Prices are always a little higher when you use this service but you are paying for convenience.
Do Aldi and Trader Joe’s have the same products?
Aldi and Trader Joe’s are completely separate companies that both offer their own private label brands, which may come from some of the same manufacturers. You might find a few products that are very similar at both stores, but they do not have the same products. In fact, their product line-up is very different.