One surprising thing about Aldi that many shoppers don’t realize is the store has a great selection of gluten-free products at fantastic prices.
Living a gluten-free lifestyle can be a challenge, but thankfully Aldi has made it easier with their line of LiveGfree products that range from frozen foods, snacks, bakery & bread, breakfast & cereals, and pantry essentials.
What Aldi Products Are Gluten-Free?
The liveGfree brand is Aldi’s private label brand for its gluten-free products.
According to Aldi, “liveGfree is here to make your gluten-free lifestyle easier and more delicious.” Aldi offers 17 gluten-free items from bread, pasta and pretzels to cookies, brownie mix and granola.
Aldi also says, “You don’t have to have Celiac or gluten sensitivity to enjoy the benefits of a gluten-free diet. Eating gluten-free can improve your health in a number of different ways; improved cholesterol levels, increased energy levels, and elimination of unhealthy processed foods, just to name a few.”
Let’s break down the types of gluten-free products that Aldi offers on an ongoing according to category.
Aldi Gluten-Free Frozen foods
- liveGfree Gluten Free Chicken Bites or General Tso’s Gluten Free Chicken
Aldi Gluten-Free Snacks
- liveGfree Gluten Free Soft Baked Cookies Assorted Varieties
- liveGfree Sweet Chili or Black Sesame Brown Rice Crisps
Aldi Gluten-Free Bakery & Bread
- liveGfree Gluten Free Bagels Assorted Varieties
- liveGfree Wide Pan Gluten Free Bread White or Whole Grain
- liveGfree Gluten Free Wraps Assorted Varieties
Aldi Gluten-Free Breakfast & Cereals
- liveGfree Gluten Free Baked Chewy Bars Assorted Varieties
Aldi Gluten-Free Pantry Essentials
- liveGfree Gluten Free Deluxe Macaroni & Cheese or Deluxe Shells & Cheese
- liveGfree Gluten Free Brownie Mix
- liveGfree Gluten Free Pancake & Baking Mix
- liveGfree Gluten Free Yellow Cake Mix
- liveGfree Gluten Free Fettuccine
- liveGfree Organic Gluten Free Brown Rice & Quinoa Fusilli or Penne
Additionally, Aldi offers a variety of gluten-free Aldi Finds throughout the year. These foods generally only stick around for a week or two and once they ae gone they aren’t restocked until the next season, if at all.
Some of the most popular Gluten-Free Aldi Finds include:
- liveGfree Chocolate Frosted Gluten-Free Donuts
- liveGfree Cheese Ravioli
- liveGfree Gluten-Free Egg Rolls
- liveGfree Gluten Free Pizza
10 Best Gluten-Free Products To Buy At Aldi
- liveGfree Gluten-Free General Tso’s Gluten Free Chicken
- liveGfree Black Sesame Brown Rice Crisps
- liveGfree Gluten Free Soft Baked Snickerdoodle Cookies
- liveGfree Wide Pan Gluten Free Bread White
- liveGfree Gluten Free Everything Bagels
- liveGfree Gluten Free Brownie Mix
- liveGfree Gluten Free Deluxe Macaroni & Cheese
- liveGfreeGluten Free Baked Chewy Caramel Apple Bars
- liveGfree Chocolate Frosted Gluten-Free Donuts (Aldi Find – Limited Availability)
- liveGfree Cheese Ravioli (Aldi Find – Limited Availability)
LiveGFree Ingredients & Nutrition Facts
Fooducate is a fantastic website for seeing nutrition and ingredients information before you shop for foods in the store. Here are a few sample Aldi gluten-free products and their ingredients and nutrition facts to see if they fit into your lifestyle.
liveGfree White Bread Nutrition:
- Serving Size: 2 slices
Total Fat: 3.5g
Saturated Fat: 3g
Total Carbohydrate: 28g
Dietary Fiber: 4g
Added Sugars: 2g
Vitamin A: 0mcg
Vitamin C: 0mg
liveGfree White Bread Ingredients:
- Water, gluten-free flour blend (modified tapioca starch, potato starch, rice flour, corn starch), sunflower oil, sugar, psyllium husk, yeast, egg white powder, modified cellulose, salt, cultured dextrose, cellulose gum.
Live G Free Rice Shells & Cheese, Deluxe Nutrition:
- Serving Size: 4 oz
- Calories: 360
- Total Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Sodium: 720mg
- Potassium: 181mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 62g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 4g
- Added Sugars: 0g
- Protein: 7g
- Calcium: 102mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Vitamin D0mcg0%
Live G Free Rice Shells & Cheese, Deluxe Ingredients:
- Rice pasta (white rice flour, brown rice flour), cheddar cheese sauce (water, cheddar cheese [pasteurized milk, cheese culture, salt, enzymes], canola oil, whey, natural flavors, maltodextrin, non-fat dry milk, salt, sodium phosphate, contains 2% or less of: colors added [beta carotene, paprika extract], sodium alginate, mono and diglycerides lactic acid, sorbic acid to preserve freshness, xanthan gum).
Gather customer reviews (are they good?)
We personally have not tried any of the Aldi gluten-free items, but we have heard amazing things from members of the Aisle of Shame Facebook community. Here are some of the reviews:
“Omg Y’all! Thanks to this group, I learned about the existence liveGFree General Tso’s chicken. I’m celiac and was shocked that something like that existed. Finally managed to snag a bag and had it tonight. Soooooo amazing. And my non-celiac husband loved it too. I’ll be stocking the freezer!” source
Does Aldi Have A Gluten-Free Section?
Aldi does not have a dedicated gluten-free section in its stores. Occasionally you will find Special Buys (Aldi Finds) bundled together on an endcap, but that is just for products available for a limited time.
Aldi gluten-free products will be found with their regular, non-gluten-gree counterparts. For instance, the gluten-free brownie mix will be in the same aisle as all the other baking products and mixes. You can recognize an item as gluten-free if the packaging has a light blue background with the brand name liveGfree.
Is Aldi Discontinuing Gluten-Free?
No! Aldi is not discontinuing their gluten-free products or the liveGfree brand.
In fact, Aldi is bringing even more gluten-free products to their stores. May is Celiac Awareness Month and you’ll often find additional gluten-free items in store (It’s a great time to stock up on your favorite gluten-free Aldi Finds!).
Does Aldi stock gluten-free products?
Yep! Aldi stocks 17 core gluten-free products year-round, with additional gluten-free items available seasonally as Aldi Finds.
Does Aldi have gluten-free stuffing?
Yes, Aldi carries gluten-free stuffing, but it’s not an everyday item.
You’ll find gluten-free stuffing in chicken and turkey varieties at Aldi during the holidays, especially right before Thanksgiving.
Is Aldi gluten-free bread any good?
Aldi’s gluten-free bread is comparable to other national brands of gluten-free bread, the only difference is that Aldi’s GF bread, which is available in white and whole grain, has a lower price point!
If you are used to gluten-free bread it will be very similar in taste and texture. The white gluten-free bread from Aldi is known for being light and fluffy.
Does Aldi have gluten-free pizza?
Aldi offers gluten-free pizza frequently. It isn’t currently listed as one of their everyday gluten-free items, but we have seen both frozen and take & bake gluten-free pizzas listed in Aldi weekly ad on a regular basis. We suggest stocking up when you see Aldi gluten-free pizza if it’s an item you enjoy!
Does Aldi have gluten-free hamburger buns?
Aldi carries gluten-free hamburger buns seasonally, which unfortunately means they are not available year-round.
Does Aldi have gluten-free pretzels?
There was a time when Aldi offered gluten-free pretzels as a core product, but sadly they were discontinued.
If you see Aldi gluten-free pretzels in-store, they are an Aldi Find and only available for a limited time. Buy them when you see them!
Does Aldi have a gluten-free brownie mix?
LiveGfree Gluten Free Brownie Mix is available at Aldi stores year-round as one of their core products. The boxed brownie mix makes rich, delicious, and moist gluten-free brownies made with 100% real cocoa.