If you’re a super Aldi fan or a member of our Facebook community, you may have seen or at least heard of Kevin the Carrot — an animated Aldi character that’s popular in the UK during Christmastime.
Kevin the Carrot
Kevin the Carrot first appeared in a holiday commercial in 2016 (narrated by English actor Jim Broadbent) and the campaign was so successful that he’s now considered a mascot for Aldi UK during the Christmas season.
Over the years new characters have been added, and Kevin now had a wife named Katie and three children named Jasper, Chantony and Baby (all names of carrots, btw).
The first villain appeared in 2018 as the wicked Pascal The Parsnip.
The 2019 Kevin the Carrot Aldi commercial features two new characters, Tiny Tom and a new villain, Russell Sprout who appears along with his gang, hilariously named the Leafy Blinders. Robbie Williams sings a new version of his hit Let Me Entertain You.
Aldi UK just released a line of new Kevin the Carrot merchandise, online and in stores, and from all reports, shoppers went crazy for the stuffed carrots— similar to some of the Black Friday chaos that we have in the U.S.
Kevin the Carrot Merchandise
- Adults novelty family pajamas- £9.99
- Children’s novelty family pajamas- £4.99
- Children’s novelty Christmas jumper- £8.99
- Kevin the Carrot inflatable snow globe- £49.99
- Christmas tree decorations- £2.99
- Kevin the Carrot wrapping paper- £1.99
- Kevin the Carrot cards- £1.99
- Plush Kevin the Carrot- £3.99
- Plush Katie the carrot- £3.99
- Plush Carrot children- £3.99
- Tiny Tom- £3.99
- Russell Sprout- £3.99
- Giant Kevin the Carrot- £19.99
- Giant Katie the Carrot- £19.99
- Giant Unicorn- £19.99
- Christmas book- £2.99
- Kevin the Carrot mug- £2.99
- Kevin the Carrot stationary- £1.99
- Kevin the Carrot Crackers- £1.99
As of yet, Kevin has not made his way across the pond, so you’ll have to visit the UK yourself, or hit Amazon and eBay for resales.