Walgreens offers passport photo services in-store and online. The charges are $16.99 for two perfectly sized, professional quality, passport compliant, and visa photos at Walgreens.
Walgreens takes standard passport photos that meet the requirements listed on the US State Department website. In addition, Walgreens’ passport photos meet the requirements of other countries, such as Canada, Australia, and France. If you need passport photos for other countries, consult your local Walgreens store for details.
Getting your passport photos at Walgreens takes less than one hour. You can come in and take your passport photo, run a few errands and pick it up on your way home.
In addition, passport photos taken through the Vital Docs Passport Creator app take less than one hour to be ready once uploaded on the Walgreens website.
Do All Walgreens Stores Take Passport Photos?
Unfortunately, not all Walgreens stores have passport photo services. If you want your passport photo taken at Walgreens, ensure that your nearest Walgreens store takes passport photos by calling ahead of your visit.
To do this, go to Walgreens’ website and enter your zip code on the store locator tool. Once done, you’ll get a list of the nearest Walgreens stores near you and the contact numbers. Most Walgreens stores are open from 8 am to 12 am on weekdays and between 9 am to 9 pm on weekends. Some stores remain open for 24 hours, with a few hour’s breaks for meals.
How Much Is A Passport Photo At Walgreens?
Before we look at the cost of taking passport photos at Walgreens, it’s good to know that you have two options for getting your passport photos. You can either take and print a passport photo; or print a previously taken photo at Walgreens.
Therefore, the cost of Walgreens passport photos depends on the service you want. If you choose to take and print a passport photo at Walgreens, you’ll pay $16.99 for two 2×2 passport photos.
The other option is to print a previously taken passport photo. For this service, Walgreens will charge you $0.35 for a 4×6 printout, and you’ll need to cut out the passport photos to the required size.
In addition to the other accepted payment methods, you can use coupons to pay for your passport photos at Walgreens.
How To Get Your Passport Photos At Walgreens?
When taking a passport photo at Walgreens, you don’t need to make an appointment and can walk in and get your photos taken by one of the store’s employees.
However, some stores may be more crowded than others. So, to ensure that you won’t have to wait too long, it might be best to call ahead and see if they are free at a specific time.
Also, some Walgreen stores have a particular person who takes passport photos and may not offer the service when the person is unavailable. Therefore, it would save you time to call ahead or have your passport photos taken during regular business hours when every staff member is available.
Taking A Passport Photo At Walgreen Pharmacy
- When you want to take a passport photo, the first step is to find a Walgreens location near you. You can do this by entering your zip code into the store locator on the Walgreens website.
- Once you’ve found a store, get its contacts and call to ensure they take passport photos. This information should be listed on the website along with hours of operation and other relevant information.
- Once you arrive at the store, tell an associate you’d like to take a passport photo, and they’ll guide you through the process.
After taking your passport photos, the associate will tell you how long you must wait for your photos to be ready. Typically, this will depend on how busy the passport photo section is. However, Walgreens does not provide digital copies of your passport photos.
Can You Order A Passport Photo Online?
Unfortunately, you cannot order a passport photo online at Walgreens. However, you can take your passport photos or have a friend take them for you and print them at the nearest Walgreens store with photo services.
To print your photos, use the Vital Docs passport photo creator app to upload your passport photo. The app is convenient since it allows you to send your photos to Walgreens and pick them up within an hour.
Since the software has inbuilt facial recognition technology, all photos taken through the app are high quality and meet the requirements of the US State Department. If you use the Vital Docs Passport Photo Creator app to take your passport photos, you can only print the photos at Walgreens and cannot save, email, or print at other places.
Passport Photo Requirements At Walgreens
When taking a passport photo at Walgreens, you must meet specific requirements to ensure that your photos meet the set standards. Below are some of the things to keep in mind when having your passport photo taken.
- Maintain a natural facial expression. If you have to smile, ensure that it’s a genuine smile and not a forced one.
- Sit or stand facing directly at the camera without tilting your face.
- Ensure that your background is white and there is enough light.
- You should not wear religious or extravagant outfits. If you have to wear a religious outfit such as a head covering, you’ll need to provide relevant documentation to prove the same.
- You cannot wear glasses or headphones. If you have to wear glasses, they must be for medical reasons.
- If you need to print old passport photos at Walgreens, you must have taken them no more than six months prior.