Walmart is one of the most popular retailers in the world, but did you know that they also have their own auto care center? That’s right! Walmart Auto Care Center offers a wide range of automotive services, including flat tire repair.
If your flat tire is reasonable and safe to repair, Walmart Auto Care Center can absolutely patch up your tire for you. The cost of patching a flat tire at Walmart is $15 per tire.
Be aware, though, that flat tires are often too damaged to repair. If this is the case, then you will need to pay for the replacement of your tire.
But what kind of process does Walmart use to repair tires? Good question!
There are two primary ways to repair a flat tire–the plug method and the patch method. According to TireOulet.com, “patches are better than plugs for bigger holes, holes closer to but not the sidewall, and holes that aren’t completely straight.”
Lucky for you, Walmart uses the patch method to repair tires, meaning that they are equipped to repair tire holes even if they are large and uneven.
Walmart Auto Care Center charges $15 per tire for flat tire repairs.
How To Schedule An Appointment?
To book an appointment at a Walmart Auto Care Center, follow these steps:
- Locate your nearest Walmart Auto Care Center using this store finder tool
- When you find the store location you’d like to visit, click “details”
- From here, you will be able to see whether “Auto Care Center” is listed under the services available at that store. You will also be able to see the store’s hours of operation.
- Call the phone number listed and follow the prompts to speak to the Auto Care Center
- Request an appointment
Walmart Auto Care Centers typically accept walk-ins as well. However, availability for walk-in appointments will vary depending on how busy the technicians are at the time.
It’s important to note that while many Walmart locations are open until 11pm or later, most Auto Care Centers close around 6pm.
Other Services Available At Walmart Auto Care Center
Walmart Auto Care Center offers a wide range of services to help you keep your vehicle operating at its best.
Here is a list of their services, including prices:
- Standard oil change – $32.88
- High mileage oil change – $42.88
- Semi-synthetic oil change – $42.88
- Synthetic oil change – $52.88
- “Pit Crew” (includes up to 5 quarts of oil, new oil filter, chassis lubrication, tire pressure check and battery performance check – does NOT include oil change service) – $22.88
- Tire mounting – $5-$10 per tire
- Tire balance and rotation – $15 per tire
- Road hazard warranty – $10 per tire
- Valve stem installation – $3 per tire
- Flat tire repair – $15 per tire
- Tire rotation – $2.50 per tire
- Lug nut replacement – $2 per lug nut
- Fuel system maintenance – $20
- Wiper blades and installation – $10 per blade
- Air filter installation – free
- Headlight restoration – $25 per vehicle
- Headlight installation – $7.50 per headlight
- Miniature bulb installation – $5 per bulb
- Battery installation – $10 (free for batteries purchased at Walmart)
Does Walmart sell tire plug kits?
Yes. You can browse tire plug kits and other tire repair tools and supplies on Walmart.com.
How long does it take to patch tires at Walmart?
This depends. If you have an appointment and the Walmart Auto Care Center you visit is properly staffed, you could have your tired fixed and ready to go in as fast as 20 or 30 minutes. However, if you arrive without an appointment or if you need multiple tires repaired, you could end up waiting for several hours.
Does Walmart repair tire leaks?
Yes. As long as your tire can be repaired safely, Walmart can repair your leaky tire.
Does Walmart have a warranty on tires?
Yes. Tires purchased at Walmart are covered by a lifetime warranty or up to 25,000 miles.