With so many convenient ways of payment, it can be hard to choose which one to use. Klarna is a popular payment method that allows you to shop and clear your bills later in installments. If you are a regular shopper at Target and are wondering whether the store accepts Klarna, here’s all you need to know.
How Does Klarna Work?
Klarna is a Swedish payment service provider that takes end-to-end responsibility for your payment. It is a payment solution that enables you to shop online and pay later, interest-free.
Klarna lets consumers pay after delivery and split their purchases into weekly installments. It’s a more innovative way to shop, especially for higher-priced items, and is an excellent alternative to credit cards.
The payment method works on a “buy now, pay later” model. Shoppers can buy a product without paying for it at check-out. The company provides financing options when you shop online and spreads out the payments over time.
When shopping with Klarna, the app lets you know if the transaction is approved. If so, Klarna pays the retailer upfront and then charges you for your purchase. You’re required to clear the amount over an agreed period.
Does Target Accept Klarna?
Target accepts Klarna as a form of payment. You can only use Klarna online – on the Target website or the Target app. Klarna is currently not supported for purchases made in-store at Target.
With Klarna’s installment solution, your purchase is split into four payments, automatically deducted from your debit or credit card every two weeks. Klarna will notify you via email when each payment is due. There’s no interest or any additional fee to use the service.
How Does Pay in 4 Work?
With Pay in 4, you can pay for your order over four equal installments. It’s a simple and convenient way to make your purchase and spread the cost.
Your first payment is due when you make the purchase. The remaining three are payable in equal installments from your selected payment method every two weeks.
For example, if you buy a $200 pair of shoes, you’ll pay $50 at check out. Then, Klarna will charge your card $50 every two weeks until you’ve paid off the total amount. You’ll have six weeks to pay back the entire amount.
Payment Methods Accepted at Target Stores
Target accepts a variety of payment methods, including credit and debit cards.
- Target Debit Card (Target’s in-house debit card)
- Target Credit Card
- Target MasterCard
- Store-value cards
- Visa card
- American Express
- Apple Pay
- Android Pay
- Google Wallet
- Gift cards
How to Use Klarna at Target
You can pay with Klarna at Target.com or by using the Target app on your phone. Here’s how it works:
- Sign in to your Target account. If you don’t have one, create one
- Download the Klarna app
- Open the app and search for the Target app on the home screen
- Click on the shopping cart icon to start shopping
- Once through, click on “Check-out”
- Tap on the “Pay with K” button at the bottom of the check-out page
- Enter your details and PIN to complete the transaction
Once your order is confirmed, you’ll receive an email with payment instructions from Klarna. Klarna will send you notifications by email or text to remind you of upcoming due dates.
You can visit the Klarna website to view your invoices, make payments and manage your account. If you have any questions or concerns, contact Klarna customer service at ((844) 552-7621) or via an online chat.
What are the advantages of using Klarna at Target?
- It’s free. There’s no interest, fees, or credit checks when you shop with Klarna
- The Buy Now Pay Later feature gives you a 30-day trial period before buying, with orders shipped immediately. If you’re not happy with your items, return them for free within 30 days of receiving them and only pay for what you keep
- Convenient: No need to enter your financial details each time you shop with Klarna
- Pay over time: You can pay out your purchase over four easy installments instead of all at once
- Secure: Klarna uses multiple layers of security and encryption to help keep your information as safe as possible
- Klarna works in partnership with WebBank, where its users access flexible financing to enable them to purchase larger or pricier items
Can you pay in-store at Target with Klarna?
You cannot use Klarna to pay for your in-store purchases. Klarna is only eligible when shopping online at the Target website or through the Target app.
What are the Klarna payment options?
Klarna has three payment options.
- Pay in 4 installments
- Pay within 30 days
- Pay in installments or financing – gives you the option to pay flexible payments in 6, 12, 24, and 36 months
Is using Klarna in Target good?
Klarna is a great way to pay for things at Target that you otherwise wouldn’t be able to purchase. It also allows you to split your purchase into four automated payments deducted from your debit or credit card every two weeks.
Klarna allows you to make purchases at Target and pay using flexible installment plans over time. This gives you the ability to buy things you can’t afford all at once.
There are no extra charges or interest on the payments. Klarna also sends you a reminder when your payments are due. You can also get financing to enable you to buy expensive items.