If you have a gift card that you’d like to redeem, you may wonder whether you can use it to buy another gift card from Walmart.
You cannot use a gift card to buy another gift card at Walmart. You can only use the gift card to purchase something in-store or online.
However, you can buy other gift cards at Walmart, including Visa, specialty, e-gift cards, seasonal, physical, hotel and travel gift cards and so on.
What Can You Buy With A Walmart Gift Card?
Here are some items you can buy at Walmart with a Walmart gift card.
- Household and home improvement items
- Sports and outdoor items
- Toys and video games
- Baby supplies
- Cleaning and sanitary items
- Food and dairy items
- Clothes, shoes, and accessories
- Pet supplies
Below are some items you cannot buy with a Walmart gift card.
- Other gift cards
- Lottery tickets
Advantages of Using Walmart Gift Cards
Here are some of the advantages that come with using Walmart gift cards:
- They do not expire – you can redeem your Walmart gift cards any time, no matter the expiry date printed on the card
- You can use multiple gift cards at once – you can combine several gift cards to pay for a single order
- You can use Walmart gift cards at different locations – You can use Walmart gift cards to shop in-store at or online at Walmart, Walmart Marketplace, Sam’s Club locations, and select Murphy fuel stations
- Walmart gift card buy–back program – you can sell your unwanted cards through Walmart’s buy-back program in partnership with CardCash
How to Pay Using Walmart Gift Cards at Walmart
You can use your Walmart gift card to pay for your purchases in-store. If you have a physical gift card, you can present it to the cashier during checkout.
You can also swipe it at a self-checkout station to pay for your purchases. If you have an e-gift card, scan the barcode at the cash register to complete payment.
To use the Walmart gift card while shopping online, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your Walmart account to start shopping
- Add items to your cart
- Once done, click on checkout
- Go to Payment Methods
- Select Gift card
- Choose whether to add a new card or use those saved on your account
- Any cards you add will appear in your purchase summary
- Click on Apply to complete the transaction
If your total purchases are less than the gift card amount, you can use the balance in your subsequent purchases. However, if the total order amount exceeds the gift card value, you may need to combine several gift cards or pay the difference with your credit or debit card.
Can you buy a Walmart gift card online?
Yes, you can buy a Walmart gift card online. To do so, go to the Walmart gift card page and select your preferred gift card.
How many Walmart gift cards can you use at a time?
You can use up to four Walmart gift cards per order. If your order amount is more, you can use cash or credit card to clear the balance.
Are Walmart gift cards reloadable?
You can reload your Walmart gift card online at Walmart.com or a Walmart store. You can also reload it through Walmart cash-back rewards.
Can you get cash back from a Walmart gift card?
Walmart does not allow cash back on its gift cards. You can only get cash back if your state laws require gift cards to be redeemable for cash.
You cannot use one gift card to buy another gift card at Walmart. You can, however, purchase other types of gift cards at Walmart, including Visa, travel, restaurant, e-gift cards, gaming, specialty gift cards and so on.
Walmart gift cards do not expire, and you can use up to four cards for a single purchase. You can also reload your Walmart gift card balance online or in-store. However, you cannot get cash-back on a Walmart gift card unless provided for by law in your state.