Home Depot’s commercial department has helped many entrepreneurs grow their businesses through its Credit centers. If you’re interested in establishing a Home Depot commercial account for your business, here’s what you need to know.
A Home Depot commercial account is a Net 30 account offered by Home Depot in partnership with Citibank. The account is exclusively for businesses and offers itemized billing statements, online account management, and flexible payment options.
Can anyone qualify for the Home Depot commercial account? To answer this question, here are the requirements as outlined by Citibank:
“You must be an Authorized Officer and Controlling Party of the business entity to submit this application. When opening an account, Federal regulations require that we obtain, verify, and record information for Beneficial Owners of an entity customer. For this application, Beneficial Owners are key individuals who directly or indirectly own the company, at a level of 25% or greater ownership, or are the trustee of a trust that has 25% or greater ownership. If a Trust owns 25% or greater, then enter the Trustee’s information as the owner.”
What Is A Commercial Revolving Charge Card?
Home Depot offers two business credit cards – a Commercial revolving charge card and a Commercial account card. Here’s how each card works
A Home Depot’s revolving charge card works like a credit card. You can use the card to make small monthly payments for your business account or pay in full. The card also allows you to add authorized employees as users to make purchases in the account.
In contrast, since a Home Depot commercial account is a net 30 vendor account, you must settle your account balance monthly. The account also lets you add authorized users who get buyer IDs to help them charge your account.
How to Get A Home Depot Commercial Account?
To apply for a Home Depot commercial account, follow these steps
- Go to the Credit center page on the Home Depot website
- Scroll down to the part written “Choose the credit card that works for you”
- Select the Commercial Account card and click on apply
- You’ll be redirected to the Citibank retail services page to start your application
- Enter your business details such as the name, “doing business as” name, contact information, billing information, and business structure
- Enter your personal information
- Choose whether you need a guarantor. If yes, enter your guarantor’s information, including phone number, financial information, and social security number
- Agree to the listed terms of the application
- Provide an electronic signature. This is required for Citibank to process your application
- Submit the application
To apply for a Home Depot commercial account, you must either be the majority shareholder in the business, a controlling party, or an authorized officer. If you don’t meet these requirements, you’ll need to provide a guarantee which increases the chances of approval. A guarantor may also be crucial if your business is still new.
Here’s how to know whether your business needs a guarantor when applying for a Home Depot commercial account.
- If your business is less than 3 years old
- Has less than 10 employees
- If your business is a sole proprietorship, corporation, or partnership with annual revenues of less than $2,000,000
How to Qualify For a Commercial Account?
The Home Depot commercial account is the key to success for many businesses. It’s easy to see why: It allows you to access many products from Home Depot, giving you approval of $500 to $2000.
But if you want to start with the Home Depot commercial account, you must have a good credit score of at least 640. Your credit history should be satisfactory based on your loan repayment history.
Benefits of a Home Depot Commercial Account
As a Home Depot Commercial Account holder, you’ll enjoy a variety of benefits, including:
- Itemized billing – allows you to track your purchases by order numbers, job numbers and ensure the items you have ordered get to the correct location.
- Free Pro Xtra membership on sign-up – enables you to get customized pricing, special offers, and other exclusive deals unavailable to the general public.
- Fuel rewards – during your application for a Home Depot commercial account, you can opt to enroll in the Shell fuel rewards program. For every $100 you spend on fuel, you’ll earn $0.10 in savings.
- Online account management – you’ll access various online features that help manage your account. This includes exporting and syncing your order history to QuickBooks to manage your purchases. Your customers can also log in to view, pay, and manage their accounts seamlessly.
- No annual fees – the account is free to use with no annual renewal fees.
How Does A Home Depot Commercial Account Work?
A Home Depot commercial account is for small to medium-sized businesses looking for assistance with their business needs. A Home Depot commercial account reports payment history to three credit bureaus, namely;
- Equifax Small Business
- Dun & Bradstreet
- Experian Small Business
How to Pay A Home Depot Commercial Account?
You can pay for your home depot commercial account online through the Citibank account portal. Here, you’ll need to log in with your account details.
You can also send a check through the mail, although payments sent this way may take 5-7 business days to process. If you need technical assistance or have issues with your commercial account, call Home Depot credit services at 1-866-875-5490.
How to View Purchases on A Home Depot Commercial Account
To view your purchase history on the Home Depot commercial account, you must log in to your Citibank account portal. All your past purchases appear in the monthly billing statement of your commercial account. You can sort the purchases by a purchase order number, job name, or job number.
How to Change Authorized Buyers on A Home Depot Commercial Account?
Sometimes, you may need to change the authorized buyers to your commercial account for various reasons, such as an employee leaving your business. Changing the authorized buyer on a Home Depot commercial account is a simple process that takes just a few minutes to complete.
To change the authorized buyer, follow these steps:
- Log in to your account on Citibank’s online portal
- Click on maintenance request
- Select add or remove authorized buyers
- Enter the required information
- You can also add or remove authorized buyers by calling Home Depot’s credit services at 1-866-875-5490 or faxing the instructions through 1-888-266-7308
Can you use a Home Depot Commercial account online?
Yes. You can use your Home Depot commercial account online. The online account features allow you to view, manage, and pay your accounts without going to any Home Depot store.
Does Home Depot’s commercial account report to business credit?
Yes. Being a Net 30 account, a Home Depot commercial account must report to major business credit bureaus such as Equifax, Experian, and Dun & Bradstreet.
Do you get a discount with a Home Depot commercial account?
No. You cannot get any discounts with a Home Depot Commercial account. You can only earn fuel rewards savings and interest-free payments.
Does Home Depot’s commercial account report to Dun and Bradstreet?
Yes. A Home Depot’s commercial account reports to Dun and Bradstreet credit bureau.
If you own a business, a Home Depot commercial account is an excellent option to help you grow your enterprise. In addition to helping you track your purchases, you can manage the account online and enjoy flexible payment schedules.
The account also gives you fuel rewards for every $100 spent at Shell fuel stations. You can also add authorized users to help you manage the account. To open a Home Depot commercial account, your business must be at least 3 years old, have less than 10 employees, and have annual revenues of less than $2,000,000.