Does Target Do Ear Piercing?
Yes, Target does ear piercing. However, not all Target stores offer this service. Currently, only 50 Target stores offer the service. Certified nurses perform ear piercing at Target, and anyone can get their ears pierced at Target.
Rowan is a jewelry and ear-piercing company that partnered with Target to perform ear piercing for Target’s clients. Registered nurses carry out ear piercings at Target from Rowan.
To find Rowan stores, head over to Rowan’s website and use the “Store Finder” button using your current location. You’ll find the nearest Rowan store near you details, including the address, phone number, and hours.
Target Ear Piercing Costs
Ear piercing at Target costs between $55 to $125, depending on the type of piercing. Stainless steel piercing studs go for $55, 14 karat piercing studs go for $95, and 14 karat gold piercing studs with certified diamond go for $125. The price charged includes after-care materials, post piercing care, skin assessment by a registered nurse, sterilized and hypoallergenic earrings, and the cost of the procedure.
Also, you might find other Rowan earrings, such as the Sterling silver hoops, which are $58, and the cubic zirconia studs, which are $29.
How Does Rowan at Target Do Ear Piercing?
The Rowan piercing experience comprises four stages; engage, prepare, pierce, and aftercare. Below are how the four stages are carried out to give you a seamless and painless piercing experience.
- Rowan nurses engage with the person to be pierced by giving information on the different types of piercings and asking for credentials if a child is the one being pierced. Also, this is where you decide which type of earrings you want to be pierced with.
- The preparation process closely follows, and the nurse will apply the numbing cream and wait for 15-20 mins.
- The nurse carries out a skin assessment by checking the type of ear lobes you have as they ask you to double-check the earring you had earlier selected.
- The nurse wears gloves, sterilizes the ear and the device to be used during piercing, and loads the earrings onto the device.
- During the piercing process, the nurse wipes off the numbing cream and marks the point to be pierced.
- The client then confirms that the position is right by looking at the mirror.
- The nurse asks the client if they are ready, and then the nurse does the piercing.
- Sometimes, the client may be required to fill out the certificate of bravery after the piercing process.
- For the aftercare, the nurse explains basic ear-piercing aftercare, like avoiding touching the piercing and how to change the earring.
Setting an Appointment
- To set an appointment for an ear-piercing at Target, you’ll visit Rowan’s website and navigate to the “Book Appointment” section.
- You’ll see the option “Ear Piercing with a Licensed Nurse at Target.” Click that button.
- Then, choose an appointment and select the location. The available time and dates vary depending on the location chosen.
- You’ll then key in some personal information, including your name, phone number, email, and zip code, and answer the piercing-related questions asked.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions as explained by Rowan and complete your booking.
To contact Target regarding your appointment, call them at +1 (800) 591-3869 or use the “Contact Us” button on target.com.
What You Should Prepare
To get your ears pierced at Target, prepare the required documents and if you are below 18 years, ask your guardian to prepare their documents. The parent or guardian should bring a state or federal ID. Also, prepare to pay the set fees using cash, debit card, or credit card. If you have any allergies, inform the nurse before the piercing process to avoid complications.
The Ear-Piercing Process
Parts of the ear that can be pierced at Target are the helix, mid helix, middle lobe, upper lobe, and lobe. Ear piercing at Target is done in around one hour, but the actual piercing process takes less than a minute. Ear piercing feels like a pinch, and the pain is gone in seconds, and the most common earrings used to get your ears pierced are studs.
Ear Piercing Aftercare
Proper ear-piercing aftercare is important to avoid infections and other complications. After getting your ears pierced at Target, the nurse will give you specific instructions on how to take care of your new piercings. In general, make sure that you—
- Avoid touching or rotating your new piercings
- Clean your hands before touching or cleaning your new piercings
- Use a clean cotton ball to apply the piercing aftercare solution
- Gently dab the solution on your new piercings
- Avoid using alcohol, peroxide, or hydrogenated solutions
- Remove crusties that form around your new piercings using a clean cotton ball
- Apply a thin layer of petroleum jelly to your new piercings
- Repeat the cleaning and aftercare process 2-3 times a day for the first week
Is Ear Piercing at Target Safe?
Ear piercing at Target is safe as it is done by a licensed nurse using a hand pressure device. Target ear-piercing reviews are positive, and many people have successfully had their ears pierced at Target. The main advantage of getting your ears pierced at Target is that it is affordable and the process is quick. Target also offers a wide range of earrings to choose from.
Does Target Sell Ear Piercing Kits?
Yes, Target does sell ear piercing kits. The kits contain all the materials needed for a successful ear-piercing process.
How Old Do You Have to Be to Get Your Ears Pierced at Target?
Anyone can get their ears pierced at Target. However, if you are below 18 years old, you must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Do You Have to Be Accompanied to Get Your Ears Pierced at Target?
If you are below 18 years old, you must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Those above 18 years can go alone.
How Often Are Appointments Available at Target for Ear Piercing?
You can schedule an appointment for an ear-piercing at Target any day of the week. The available time and dates vary depending on the location chosen.
So, if you’re looking to get your ears pierced and are undecided on where to go for the best experience, go to Target! It’s quick, easy, and, most importantly — affordable. Plus, with a wide range of earrings to choose from, you’re sure to find the perfect pair for you.