Target is a great place to shop, as they offer a variety of items for sale. If you have multiple Target gift cards, you may be wondering if you can combine them into one card. Combining gift cards can help you save time and money. So, if you want to know how to do it, read on for more information.
Target gift cards are like cash. They cannot be replaced if lost or stolen, and they have no value until activated. Once a gift card is activated, it can be used to purchase merchandise or services at Target stores or on target.com except where required by law.
Target gift cards don’t expire, and there are no fees charged to use them. To redeem a gift card, you need to hold an account with Target. Target gift cards cannot be used to purchase other gift cards.
Can You Combine Multiple Gift Cards at Target?
Yes, you can combine multiple Target gift cards into one. This can be done either online or in-store. However, you cannot combine a Target gift card with any other type of gift card. You can use up to 10 Target gift cards at once when shopping online.
How to Combine Gift Cards at Target
To combine your Target gift cards using the app:
- Go to your Target account
- Select “My Gift Cards”
- Select one of your cards from the list
- Click “Combine’, and you will see a list of your other cards
- Select another card from the list
- Click “combine”
- Once the combination is done, you’ll receive a prompt telling you the combination was successful.
- Repeat the same process until you’ve combined your cards
- Once you are done, a screen will show up with your total gift card balance
To combine Target gift cards at the in-store checkout, ask an associate to combine all your gift cards into one.
Can You Combine Balances on Target Gift Cards?
To check the balance on your Target gift card:
- Visit target.com and go to the “Gift Card Balance” page
- Enter your card number. Your card number is a 15-digit number located under your card’s barcode at the back.
- Key in the number in the “Card Number” box
- Next, key in the access number, an eight-digit number located under the card number.
- Click the “Check Balance” button to check the balance on your card
You’ll have to visit a Target store to reload Target gift cards since they are not reloadable online. However, you cannot reload specialty gift cards for restaurants, gaming, and music like Olive Garden, Xbox, and iTunes. Third-party gift cards like Express gift cards, Mastercard, and Visa are also not reloadable.
What Types of Gift Cards Do Target Sell?
Target sells various types of gift cards like:
- Application gift cards
- Digital entertainment gift cards
- Gaming gift cards
- Merchandise gift cards
- Movie theater gift cards
- Restaurant gift cards
- SIM Cards
- Travel gift cards
Target gift cards can be purchased at Target’s website, in-store, and at other retailers. To purchase gift cards in the physical store, head to the checkout, and you’ll get them there.
To purchase at the website:
- Visit the gift cards’ page
- Choose “Target Gift Cards” and select your ideal design and value amount
- Choose your delivery method; email, mail, or mobile as a text
- Add to cart and check out
What Can You Buy with Target Gift Cards?
You can use Target gift cards to purchase:
- At Target Cafe
- At Starbucks located in Target stores
- To purchase alcohol and other restricted items
- At Target Optical
- At CVS Pharmacy
You cannot use Target gift cards to purchase:
- Other Target gift cards
- iTunes gift cards
- American Express, Mastercard, or Visa gift cards
- Specialty gift cards like restaurants and gaming
- At Minute Clinics
- To make RedCard payments
How Do You Contact Target’s Gift Card Customer Service?
Where Can You Combine Target Gift Cards?
You can combine Target gift cards either online or in Target’s physical store.
How Long Is a Target Gift Card Good For?
Target gift cards don’t have an expiration date.
Can You Use a Target Gift Card to Buy a Gift Card?
No, you cannot use a Target gift card to purchase other gift cards. To purchase other gift cards, you’ll have to use another mode of payment like cash, debit, or credit card.
Is There an App to Combine Gift Card Balances?
Yes, the Target app has a “Combine Gift Cards” feature that lets you do just that. When using the app, go to “Wallet”, then “Gift cards”, and select the “Combine Gift Cards” option.
Combining gift cards is a great way to save money and make sure you don’t have any unused gift card balances. Target makes it easy to combine cards, either online or in-store, to make the most of your gift cards. Be sure to check the balance on your card before you shop to know how much you have to spend.