UPDATE (July 2023) – InstallerNet has notified us that they are currently NOT offering car electronics installations via Walmart anymore (in-store or online).
Please make other arrangements as needed to get the installation done. Your best bet would be to find a local installer through Yelp or Google.
When you purchase a qualifying car stereo unit at Walmart, you’ll have the option of having it installed by a professional technician.
To provide car stereo installation services to its customers, Walmart partners with a company called InstallerNet. When you purchase a qualifying car stereo from Walmart or Walmart.com, InstallerNet will contact you within 72 hours to set up your installation appointment.
InstallerNet is a nationwide electronics installation company based in North Andover, Massachusetts.
Setting an Appointment For Installation
Setting up a Walmart car stereo installation requires a few steps:
- Purchase a qualifying car stereo unit from Walmart or Walmart.com (you can browse qualifying units on Walmart.com here)
- Within 72 hours of purchasing your unit, you will receive an email from InstallerNet prompting you to set up an installation appointment (if you do not receive an email within 3 days, contact Walmart customer service at 1 (800) 925-6278 for assistance)
- In your email, you will be prompted to click on a link that will take you to Walmart’s website where you will enter your name, email address, phone number, car stereo model number, and Walmart order number
- After submitting this information, you will be able to select a date, time, and location for your installation appointment (InstallerNet installations take place at Walmart)
- Once you’ve chosen your appointment time and location, arrive at your chosen Walmart at the time of your appointment and let an employee know you’re there for a car stereo installation appointment
- The employee will direct you to the InstallerNet installation bay where a certified tech will take care of the rest of the process
Keep in mind that InstallerNet car stereo installations can take anywhere from 1 to 4 hours depending on your vehicle and the model of stereo you purchased.
If you have any issues setting up your InstallerNet appointment, you can contact their customer service department here.
How Long Does It Take?
Car stereo installations can take anywhere from 1 to 4 hours when using the InstallerNet installation service at Walmart.
How Much Does It Cost?
Walmart offers two installation options through their InstallerNet car stereo installation service–standard and advanced.
Standard car stereo installation costs $64.99. The cost of advanced installation may vary depending on the features of your stereo or the complexity of your vehicle’s stereo bay, but you can expect the cost to range up to $100. Other services might be available for slightly less, such as a subwoofer installation which is currently priced at $49.99.
Unfortunately, Walmart does not offer complimentary stereo installation with car stereo purchases.
If you’re into DIY projects and want to cut down on the cost of installation, you can install your own car stereo by purchasing all the parts you need on Walmart.com.
Is It Worth It To Use Walmart?
Getting your car stereo installed by the professional at InstallerNet is definitely worth it.
If you’ve ever worked with electronics before, you know that a lot can go wrong. Not only does tackling a car stereo installation come with safety risks, but you also run the risk of damaging your stereo and/or the wiring in your vehicle. Plus, you won’t get any sort of warranty on your work if you do it yourself.
So, unless you feel appropriately qualified to manage the installation process yourself, it’s always best to leave this job to a professional.
What Other Auto Services Does Walmart Offer?
It’s important to note that Walmart car stereo installations do not happen through Walmart Auto Care Centers.
However, Walmart Auto Care Center does offer a wide range of other automotive services.
Here is a list of their services, including prices:
- Standard oil change – $32.88
- High mileage oil change – $42.88
- Semi-synthetic oil change – $42.88
- Synthetic oil change – $52.88
- “Pit Crew” (includes up to 5 quarts of oil, new oil filter, chassis lubrication, tire pressure check and battery performance check – does NOT include oil change service) – $22.88
- Tire mounting – $5-$10 per tire
- Tire balance and rotation – $15 per tire
- Road hazard warranty – $10 per tire
- Valve stem installation – $3 per tire
- Flat tire repair – $15 per tire
- Tire rotation – $2.50 per tire
- Lug nut replacement – $2 per lug nut
- Fuel system maintenance – $20
- Wiper blades and installation – $10 per blade
- Air filter installation – free
- Headlight restoration – $25 per vehicle
- Headlight installation – $7.50 per headlight
- Miniature bulb installation – $5 per bulb
- Battery installation – $10 (free for batteries purchased at Walmart)
Does Walmart do free car stereo installation?
No. Car stereo installation at Walmart requires purchasing a new, qualifying unit from Walmart or Walmart.com. It also requires paying a base fee of $64.99. This fee could increase depending on the complexity of the installation job.
Does Walmart install car stereos that you bought anywhere else?
No. Walmart’s partner company InstallerNet only installs qualifying car stereos purchased at Walmart or Walmart.com.
Does Walmart offer a car stereo installation warranty?
Yes. Walmart offers a lifetime warranty on all car stereo installations.
Does Walmart install subwoofers?
Yes. Qualifying subwoofers can be installed at Walmart for a base price of $49.99.
If you want to get your car stereo installed at Walmart, then the first step is to purchase a new car stereo through Walmart or Walmart.com. Once you’ve done this, you’ll qualify for installation through Walmart’s partner company InstallerNet. InstallerNet car installation services take place at Walmart locations across the country, and you’ll be able to choose when and where you want your stereo installed.
Once your installation is complete, you will have a lifetime service warranty covering anything that might go wrong after the installation.