Home renovation and construction projects often require a substantial investment. However, managing large investments becomes easier with credit. The Home Depot supports its customers’ projects by offering them financing on several purchases. If you have questions about how Home Depot’s financing works, this article will provide you with everything you want to know about Home Depot’s 24-month financing.
Yes, the Home Depot offers up to 24-month financing on select purchases with its commercial and consumer credit card services. Customers can access financing at the Home Depot using one of its branded store credit cards. Please note that 24-month financing applies to special promotions on items such as appliances, lighting, tools, and materials (i.e., paint).
What does 0% financing for 24 months mean?
0% financing for 24 months means that a purchase can be broken down into 24 monthly installments without accruing any interest. For instance, a $1,000 purchase at 24-month 0% financing means the customer must pay $41.67 for 24 months. Please note that the balance must be paid in full within the promotional period. Otherwise, the remaining balance will accrue interest.
How To Get 24 Month Financing at Home Depot
Home Depot customers can get up to 24 months of financing using their Home Depot Consumer Credit Card during special promotions. Here is how to get Home Depot’s 24-month financing:
- Apply for the Home Depot Consumer Credit Card.
- Customers can pre-qualify for the Home Depot Consumer Credit Card here.
- After the pre-qualification process, customers can apply for the card here.
- Customers can call 1-800-677-0232 to get more information and start the application process.
- 24-month financing applies to specific items or purchase amounts typically over $1,000.
- Customers are subject to a credit check to qualify for 24-month financing.
Please note that approval is dependent on the customer’s creditworthiness. In short, a good credit score ensures better chances of qualifying for 24-month financing.
The Home Depot offers additional financing options such as:
- 6-month financing on purchases over $299.
- Project loan offers up to $55,000 for 84 months with no annual fees. Project loans are subject to the following payment schedule:
|Loan Amount||Monthly Installment|
- The Home Depot Commercial Account gives businesses a 30-day credit line. Businesses get an additional 2% discount for early repayment.
About Home Depot Credit Card
Home Depot offers various credit cards to its customers. Currently, the Home Depot credit card is offered through Citibank. There are four types of Home Depot credit card customers can apply for:
- Consumer Credit Card.
- Commercial Revolving Charge Card.
- Commercial Account.
- Project Loan.
Please note that approval for the card is subject to creditworthiness (credit score and history). The limit is assigned according to customers’ credit history and credit analysis. The Home Depot reviews its credit card accounts every six months. So, it is possible to get an increased credit limit. Customers can also apply for an extension of their credit limit.
Here are the main benefits of the Home Depot credit card:
- Financing options from 6 to 24 months.
- Low monthly payments.
- Competitive interest rates.
- No annual fees.
- Qualify for special offers and discounts in-store.
Please note that the Home Depot credit card is a store card. In other words, customers can only use it for purchases at Home Depot locations and online at homedepot.com. The card cannot be used at other locations such as grocery stores or gas stations.
How To Apply for Home Depot Credit Card
Customers can apply for the Home Depot credit card in-store or online. Here is how it works:
- Visit the Special Services desk at any Home Depot location.
- Talk to the associate about applying for the Consumer Credit Card.
- Fill out an application form and provide information such as full name, street address, email, phone number, required financial information, social security number, and date of birth.
- Wait for the approval process to complete. Usually, the approval process takes 10 to 30 minutes.
- Customers get a temporary card where in-store purchases can be charged right away if approved. New card members get a $25 coupon.
- Visit the Home Depot’s Credit Card Services page.
- Choose the card to apply for.
- Click on “apply now” to get started with the application process.
- Complete the required information: full name, street address, email, social security number, date of birth, and relevant financial information.
- Read and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Submit application.
- Wait for the approval notification email.
- Once confirmed, customers get a temporary card with a $25 coupon.
Please bear in mind that applying for the Home Depot credit card does affect credit history if denied. However, credit history influences the application’s approval.
How Often Does Home Depot Do 24 Month Financing?
There are two main ways in which the Home Depot offers 24-month financing coupons and promotions.
- Customers can purchase financing coupons to unlock various financing options. For example, customers can access 24-month financing for purchases over $1,999. Coupons cost about $15 and can be used for any purchase within its validity period. 24-month financing is subject to a credit check.
- The Home Depot offers special financing promotions on selected items or purchase amounts. Special promotions are applicable through its store cards periodically.
What is Home Depot’s credit card toll-free number?
Customers can call the Home Depot’s toll-free credit card number at 1-800-677-0232.
How often does Home Depot offer special financing?
The Home Depot frequently offers special financing promotions. Promotions typically change every month. So, it is important to check new monthly promotions.
Is Home Depot financing good?
Home Depot financing is good for customers who frequently shop there. Financing options are comparable to other credit cards on the market. However, the approval process is swift and easy for customers with good credit. A credit score of about 640 almost guarantees instant approval.
Is it hard to get financing at Home Depot?
Applying for financing at the Home Depot is easy. Customers can apply in-person, online, or over the phone by calling 1-800-677-0232. Customers with good credit scores can get easily approved. Customers with a subpar credit score may have their applications denied.
Why was I denied a Home Depot credit card?
Generally speaking, customers get denied due to a low credit score, bad payment history, or recent bankruptcy filings. Credit scores and history generally rebound after 12 months of responsible management. Therefore, customers are encouraged to apply for Home Depot credit from 6 to 12 months after initial denial.