Shopping for a new laptop is never easy. There’s an almost overwhelming list of factors to consider as well as an even longer list of options to choose from.
To make it easier for you, we’ve put together this guide designed to help you choose your ideal laptop at Walmart. Whether you’re going to use it for work, school, entertainment, or all of the above, you can start shopping from a wide range of laptops on Walmart.com any time.
Use this article in combination with Walmart’s Find Your PC tool to find your perfect computer.
When you’re choosing a new laptop, it’s important to understand the specs and features you’ll see listed for each model. That way, you can be sure to choose the right laptop for your own particular needs.
Knowing what processor to go for, how much RAM you’ll need, and whether or not you require a graphics card are all things you’ll need to understand and figure into your budget.
Here, we will explain some of the key components to look for when picking up your new laptop. Remember that Walmart Tech Services can also answer any questions you might have about your laptop needs.
- Processor – A laptop’s processor can be thought of as the “brain” of the computer–the better the processor, the faster and more efficiently your computer will run. For a dependable laptop, an Intel i3 is fine, but an i5 will guarantee great speed. Laptops with i7 chips cost a lot more, and are better suited for those running design software. Most computer-based jobs won’t require an overly powerful processor, since text and spreadsheet documents don’t require much power. However, film editors or graphic designers will need a computer with a bit more processing punch.
- Screen size and resolution – These factors will have a big impact on your laptop user experience, especially if you do any sort of visual work or gaming. Regardless of what you’re using your laptop for, it’s best not to go smaller than a 13-inch screen in order to prevent eye strain and headaches. As far as resolution goes, standard HD resolution is fine unless you’re a professional designer, photographer, or video editor, in which case you may want to consider getting a computer with a 4K display.
- Storage – Your computer’s storage determines the amount of space you have to store your files, applications, and more. For solid-state drives (SSD), look for at least 256GB of storage. If you’re looking at traditional hard drives, storage can range up to 1TB (terabyte). Solid-state drives are faster and more efficient while traditional hard drives (spinning drives) allow for more storage
- RAM – RAM is used for juggling multiple applications at once. Having more RAM can give your laptop a speed boost by allowing it to function more efficiently while performing multiple functions. These days, 8GB of RAM is the minimum you should aim for, while 16GB is recommended if you’re juggling multiple text or spreadsheet documents for an office job. You might see 32GB of RAM advertised for certain laptop models as well, but this is only necessary for gamers and multimedia creators.
- Graphics card – While all computers come with their own built-in graphics processing hardware, some shoppers might decide they need a dedicated graphics card. Graphics cards are primarily used for video gaming and video and image editing. If you only need to browse the web, send emails, and stream video, you can live without an advanced graphics card.
Types of Laptops at Walmart
Now that you know what to look for in a laptop, let’s go over what types of laptops you can find at Walmart. Walmart offers laptops in all price ranges and for all user needs, including models from leading brands like HP, Acer, Apple, Samsung, ASUS, Dell, Microsoft, LG, and TCL.
From these brands, Walmart sells the following types of laptops…
- Gaming laptops
- Touchscreen laptops
- PC laptops
- 2-in-1 laptops (laptop and tablet hybrid)
To browse all of Walmart’s laptop offerings, click here.
If you’re interested in shopping for laptops at a discounted price, check out Walmart Restored, where you can buy refurbished laptops that have been professionally inspected and tested to work and look like new by top-rated, performance-managed suppliers. It is not only safe to buy refurbished laptops at Walmart, it is often more sustainable as it benefits the environment by keeping old devices out of the landfill.
Buying a refurbished item helps extend the life of the product and reduce waste. Walmart Restored devices are backed by a 90-day free return or replacement policy, so you can shop with confidence. To learn more about buying refurbished electronics at Walmart, check out our post about it here.
Best Laptops At Walmart
Here, we will go over our picks for the best laptops at Walmart in each category based on your specific needs.
Best Overall Laptop
HP Pavilion Plus 14 inch Laptop PC – $1,044.99
The best overall laptop in 2023 is the HP Pavilion Plus 14 inch Laptop PC with a dynamic processor for superior multitasking performance. The 12th Gen Intel Core processor distributes performance where you need it most, saving you time and increasing your ability to work fast and efficiently. The Intel Iris Xe graphics processor offers impressive performance for creating, gaming, and entertainment.
This laptop offers a new level of graphics performance with crisp, stunning visuals all while offering the convenience of a thin and lightweight laptop. For just $1,044.99 at Walmart, this laptop is hard to beat.
- Operating system: Windows 11
- Processor: AMD Ryzen™ 7 processor
- Display: 15.6″ diagonal screen
- Graphics: AMD Radeon™
- Battery life: >9 hours
- Product size and weight: 17.9 mm, 3.86 lbs
Best Gaming Laptop
Lenovo Legion 5 Pro 16″ – $1,337.90
The best laptop for gaming, streaming, and entertainment available at Walmart is the Lenovo Legion 5 Pro 16″. With overwhelmingly positive user reviews, a 16” monitor, and Windows 11, this powerhouse will process all graphic settings while running smoothly. One thing to be aware of is that this laptop is known for having a relatively low battery life, but it recharges incredibly fast for its size.
And while the price tag might seem high, its processing power (a necessity for a top-tier gaming computer) makes this laptop affordable for its specs.
- Operating system: Windows 11 Home
- Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 5800H
- Display: 16” QHD IPS LCD w/ LED Backlight 100% sRGB (anti-glare) 165Hz, HDR 400
- Memory: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz
- Internal storage: 512GB NVMe TLC SSD
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
- Optical Drive: None
- Audio: 2 x 2W speakers
- Battery life: Up to 4.2 hours
- Wireless: 2 x 2 802.11AX Wi-Fi with Bluetooth 5
- Webcam: 720P camera and dual array microphone
- Product weight: 5.39 lbs
Best Laptop For Students
Lenovo Ideapad S340 13.3″ Laptop – $499.99
The best Laptop for students available at Walmart right now is the Lenovo Ideapad S340 13.3″ Laptop. An ideal laptop for schoolwork and studying, this computer has a full HD display with 300 nits brightness, best-in-class connectivity, and 2 x 2W speakers with Dolby Audio™ as well as dual microphones for clear chat quality. The laptop is also Google Classroom compatible and is amazingly affordable at just $499.99.
The only big downside of this affordable student computer is that the webcam will need to be purchased separately for those doing remote learning.
- Operating System: Windows 10 in S Mode
- Processor: 10th Generation Intel Core i5-10210U Quad Core Processor
- Display: 13.3″ FHD IPS Anti-Glare Display
- Memory: 8GB 1866MHz LPDDR2 OnBoard RAM
- Internal Storage: 256GB 2280 m.2 NVMe Solid State Drive
- Graphics: Integrated Intel UHD Graphics
- Optical Drive: None
- Audio: 2 x 2W Speakers with Dolby Audio, Dual Array Microphones
- Battery Life: Up to 8 Hours
- Wireless: 2 x 2 802.11AC Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.1 Combo
- Webcam: None
- Product Weight: 2.86 lbs
Best 2-in-1 Laptop
Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 6 Intel Laptop, 14.0” – $699.99
The best 2-in-1 laptop available at Walmart right now is the Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 6 Intel Laptop, 14.0”. This laptop delivers a powerhouse combination of performance, responsiveness, battery life, and stunning visuals. A feature that makes this laptop ideally suited for both professional and private life is its updated suite of built-in security solutions.
The ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 6 2-in-1 laptop safeguards your device and your data using biometrics to provide an extra-secure fingerprint reader that’s integrated into the power button. Optional human-presence detection automatically locks your device when you move away.
This laptop also features the PrivacyGuard display panel to ensure wandering eyes can’t see what’s on your screen. At just $699.99, this 2-in-1 laptop and tablet is convenient, powerful, and will keep you and your data safe.
- Operating system: Windows 10 Pro 64
- Processor: 11th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-1135G7 Processor
- Display: 14.0″ FHD+ (1920 x 1200) IPS, anti-reflective, anti-smudge, touchscreen, low power, 400 nits
- Memory: 8 GB LPDDR4X 4266MHz
- Internal storage: 256 GB
- Graphics: Integrated Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics
- Battery life: 20 hours
- Product weight: 3 lbs and up
Best Touchscreen Laptop
Lenovo Ideapad 3i 15.6″ FHD Touchscreen Laptop – $359.99
The best touchscreen laptop in 2023 is the Lenovo Ideapad 3i 15.6″ FHD Touchscreen Laptop. The ultimate Smart Learning notebook, the Lenovo IdeaPad™ 3i pairs the 11th Generation Intel® Core™ i3 processor with tailored work- and learn-from-home solutions that address eye strain, posture problems, and at-home distractions.
The new privacy shutter on the camera also lets you maximize your privacy when working from home.
At just $359.99, this Lenovo Touchscreen laptop is the most affordable computer on this list.
- Operating system: 11th Generation Intel® Core™ i3
- Processor: 3.0 GHz Intel Core i3-1115G4 Dual-Core
- Memory: 4GB DDR4 RAM
- Internal storage: 256GB NV Me TLC SSD
- Display: 15.6″ 1920 x 1080 FHD Touch Display
- Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics
- Battery life: 5.5 hours
- Screen size: 15.6″
- Product weight: 3.6 lbs
How To Find Good Laptop Deals At Walmart
Even if you don’t buy your laptop during a sale, there are always good deals on laptops at Walmart.
Walmart’s prices are competitive for new, brand-name computers, and you can also shop for refurbished options though Walmart Restored. Walmart Tech Services assures that any purchased goods will be maintained and looked after, giving you years of functionality and enjoyment.
Nevertheless, there are still ways you can save even more when shopping for laptops at Walmart by keeping your eyes peeled for sales and promotions throughout the year.
Some of the most popular times to buy laptops on sale at Walmart include…
- Black Friday
- Cyber Monday
- President’s Day weekend
Walmart hosts one of the most-anticipated Black Friday events of the year, and there’s a good reason why it has such a following. Check out this article from PC Mag detailing the best Black Friday deals Walmart offered in 2022, and be prepared for similar sales in 2023.
What is the number one laptop brand in the world?
Apple. With an annual revenue of $230 billion, more than 1.5 billion active users, and 120,000 employees, the company behind the iPhone, Macbook, and Apple Watch holds the undeniable position as the most popular laptop supplier in the world.
Are laptops under $500 any good?
Yes! With the exception of the Apple catalog and laptops made specifically for gaming or streaming, most brands offer good options for under $500. Many laptops in this price range are available with the same CPUs found in more premium models.
Does Walmart take old laptops?
Yes! Walmart accepts devices from a wide variety of popular consumer electronic devices, including laptops, through their Gadgets to Gift Cards program. By answering a few questions online, you can receive a free offer and easy-to-follow instructions on how to print a prepaid label and ship your device using FedEx Ground. You will then receive an instant Walmart eGift Card after your device is evaluated.
Does Walmart sell returned laptops?
Yes. If a laptop is returned to Walmart without having been opened or used, it will likely be returned to the sales floor and resold. When used laptops are returned to Walmart, they may be cycled through the Walmart Restored program which refurbishes used laptops for resale.
Does Walmart do payment plans on laptops?
Yes! Walmart offers easy and affordable monthly payment plans online and in store with Affirm. An alternative to layaway, you can purchase your item immediately with Affirm and pay over time at a pace you choose (payment terms range from three to 24 months). You can also use conventional layaway when shopping for laptops in person at Walmart. To learn more about Walmart’s layaway program, check out our post about it here.
Does Walmart repair laptops?
Yes! Walmart offers device setup and repair, as well as 24/7 US-based customer support staffed by both English- and Spanish-speaking support specialists. To learn more about Walmart’s convenient device repair services, click here.