Target Optical is a leading retailer of eyewear, glasses, and contact lenses. Its products are quite affordable and provide various deals to help its customers save money.
But what if you aren’t satisfied with the product you bought from Target Optical? Will you be able to return it? This article will answer all your Target Optical return policy questions – its provisions, conditions, and requirements.
Target Optical offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee on optical goods purchased online or in stores. If you aren’t satisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Target within 90 days of purchase for a refund or exchange.
You may return an item by mail or to your nearest Target Optical store. You can return unopened boxes of contact lenses within 90 days of purchase for a refund or exchange. Opened packages aren’t returnable due to health concerns and hygienic reasons.
Frames purchased in-store or online are returnable within 90 days of purchase with a receipt or pack slip.
You can also return prescription glasses within 90 days of purchase for a full refund or exchange. To return items in-store at Target, you need the original receipt issued at purchase. If you don’t have the receipt, provide another proof of purchase, such as a bank statement.
What Do You Need To Make A Return To Target Optical?
To return your item in-store, you need the following;
- Your names
- Billing address
- Phone number
- Proof of purchase (receipt or bank statement)
- Your email address
- The product you wish to return
- Order number
- Item purchase date
- The original packaging materials that came with the item
To return an item online, you need the following;
- Order number
- Your email address
- Phone number
- Full names
- The item you are returning
- Order date
- Physical address and zip code
- Proof of purchase (receipt, bank statement, or email confirmation)
How to Return an Item to Target Optical
If you aren’t satisfied with the item you bought at Target Optical, you can return it in-store or online. For online returns, follow these steps.
- Ensure that you are within the 90-day return window
- Go to the Target Optical guest care page
- Fill in the return authorization request form
- Submit the form
- You’ll receive an email containing a shipping label
- Print the label and attach it to the item you need to return
- Ensure you include the original packaging and any accessories that came together
- Send off the package using a courier service to the address on the shipping label within 48 hours
Online returns don’t require you to provide a receipt. All you need to do is to fill in the online form. However, if you received the wrong item or damaged one, don’t complete the online form. Contact Target optical for assistance in placing a replacement order.
To return an item in-store, follow these steps.
- Ensure that the item isn’t past its return date
- Go to your nearest Target Optical store with the item
- At the service desk, give the required information such as proof of purchase (receipt), your name, and order number. Ensure that you return the item together with any accessories and original packaging
- A store assistant will verify your details and check that the product is in acceptable condition
- You can either get a refund or a replacement item
Most Target Optical outlets are open between 8 am to 9 pm daily. The opening hours of the outlets vary from one location to another. You can find out the opening and closing hours of your nearest Target Optical outlet by using the store locator tool on their website.
Can You Return Items To Target Optical Without A Receipt?
You can return items to Target Optical without a receipt. If you are returning the product online, you won’t need a receipt since you’ll provide the necessary information via the online form. However, you’ll need that particular order number from your email.
When returning the item in-store, you may need the physical receipt. If you don’t have one, you’ll need to provide valid proof of payment. In this case, a bank statement may suffice to show that you purchased the item.
Does Target Optical Offer Free returns and Exchanges?
Target Optical offers free returns and exchanges on all of its products. This includes glasses, frames, and contact lenses. You can return or exchange an item in-store or by mail.
What brands of lenses does Target Optical have?
Target Optical works with the following brands to provide you with the best lenses possible:
- Air Optix
- Bausch & Lomb
- Dailies Aqua comfort plus
What glasses are covered by insurance?
There are three categories of Target Optical glasses covered by insurance:
- Prescription eyeglasses: Insurance typically covers both frames and prescription lenses for eyeglasses. Note that your policy might not cover certain types of lenses, such as transition lenses or high-index lenses
- Sunglasses: Some insurance plans cover sunglasses, but you might have to pay extra for them if they’re not considered medically necessary
- Contact lenses: Some insurance plans cover contact lenses in full or in part, depending on your policy
Target Optical Customer Service
If you have any questions or concerns regarding Target Optical’s return policy, contact their customer service at +1 (877) 848-8476. You can also email them, chat with a customer representative online, or visit their nearest store.
Target Optical enjoys mixed reviews on its products. According to studies by Best Company, the company has a 3.1/5 rating out of 45 reviews. Below are some of the customer reviews from Best Company and Yelp.
Are scratched glass lenses eligible for return at the Target Optical store?
If your glasses are faulty, scratched, or damaged due to manufacturer defects, you can return them for a refund or adjustment. The same goes for contact lenses damaged during delivery or have a manufacturer’s defect.
How do you get a refund from Target Optical?
You can get a refund from Target Optical through its Worry-free protection plan. Through this plan, you can get refunds for any returned items even after the expiry of the return period.
Can you return Target Optical products in-store if purchased online?
You can return any items purchased online to your nearest Target Optical store. Ensure that you carry your receipt or proof of purchase.
Will Target Optical put new lenses in old frames?
Yes, Target Optical will put new lenses in old frames. Visit your nearest Target Optical location with your eyeglass frames and prescription information.
Target Optical accepts returns within 90 days of purchase. You can return the item in-store or through the mail. Ensure that the package is unopened due to health and hygienic reasons.
If you need to exchange the item, you’ll need to call or visit a Target Optical outlet. When returning the products, carry a receipt or a bank statement as proof of purchase.