As a part of their booming custom cakes business Walmart is a popular option when it comes to ordering affordable, customizable cakes. And you might be surprised to learn that they even sell wedding cakes.
Walmart wedding cakes should be custom ordered, which can be done directly through a Walmart bakery department in person or through Walmart.com.
Walmart recommends placing your custom cake order at least 24 hours in advance.
Does Walmart Make Custom Wedding Cakes?
Walmart absolutely makes custom wedding cakes–in fact, all wedding cakes sold at Walmart are at least partially custom.
While Walmart does offer several pre-designed wedding cakes, the flavors, fillings, icing flavors, etc. are always custom to order.
The cake flavors available for a Walmart wedding cake include:
The fillings include:
- Bavarian cream
The icing types include:
You can order your custom cake today through Walmart.com!
How Much Do Wedding Cakes Cost At Walmart?
Custom cake costs vary widely at Walmart depending on style, size, etc.
A fully customizable sheet cake, for example, starts at just $10.86 and ranges up to $58.76.
Fully customizable, single-tier round cakes range in price from $9.98 to $27.98.
Walmart’s two-tiered, wedding-style cakes, start at $68 and range up to $74. These cakes come with a pre-designed look but are customizable when it comes to flavor and filling.
The factors that affect cake pricing at Walmart include:
How To Order Wedding Cakes At Walmart?
There are two ways to order a custom wedding cake from Walmart–online or through your local Walmart bakery.
To place an online cake order:
- Visit the Walmart Custom Cakes page on Walmart.com
- Choose the cake you wish to purchase (fully customizable cakes can be found at the top of the page, while wedding-style cakes can be found if you scroll all the way to the bottom)
- Once you’ve clicked on your favorite cake, you will be taken to a page where you can select your desired flavor and filling (if your cake has multiple tiers, you will be able to select individual flavors and fillings for each tier)
- Next, you will be prompted to choose an icing style, flavor, and lettering (if desired)
- When you’ve made all of these important decisions, simply click “check out” in the top right section of the screen, then complete your order
- During the checkout process, you will need to select which Walmart location you’d like to pick up your cake from
- Once you select a location, you will be able to choose the exact date and time you would like to pick up your cake
- Once you have entered all of this information, proceed to the payment stage and complete your order
- When your cake is ready to pick up, arrive at your chosen Walmart location and find the bakery
- There, an employee will assist you with picking up your cake
To order a custom cake from your local Walmart bakery:
- Visit the bakery department at your preferred Walmart Supercenter
- Let a bakery employee know you would like to order a custom wedding cake
- The employee will walk you through the rest of the ordering and payment process
- Arrive back at the same Walmart bakery at your scheduled pickup time
Other Cake Essentials
In addition to providing custom wedding cakes, Walmart also sells:
- Cake toppers
- Wedding party favor kits
- Bride & groom figurines
You can browse all of Walmart’s wedding cake-related products online here.
Is It Worth Buying Wedding Cakes At Walmart?
According to some users on Reddit, wedding cakes from Walmart are definitely worth checking out, especially since they’re so affordable.
Another interesting thing we found out on Reddit is that Walmart cake decorators can actually bake and design cakes with as many as five tiers! Here’s what one Walmart cake decorator had to say via a Reddit AMA (“ask me anything”):
Do all Walmart locations have bakeries?
No. While all Walmart Supercenters have bakeries, some Walmart Neighborhood Markets do not. The Walmart Neighborhood Markets that do have bakeries are not equipped to offer custom cakes.
Do all Walmart stores have the same bakery hours?
No. Walmart Bakery hours vary widely by location. Check with your local Walmart to find out what time the bakery opens and closes.
How many average servings are there in a Walmart wedding cake?
A standard round wedding cake at Walmart is designed to offer 8 slices per tier. Walmart cakes can also be ordered as ¼ or full sheet cakes. ¼ sheet cakes offer 24 modestly sized slices. A full sheet cake offers 117 2”x2” pieces.
While Walmart might not be the first place you think of when you think about wedding cakes, it’s actually a great place to consider when it comes to custom cakes. Two-tier wedding cakes at Walmart can be purchased for as little as $68. Plus, if you visit your local Walmart bakery in person, you can even order a cake with as many as five tiers. If you’re looking for a beautiful, custom, affordable wedding cake, look no further than the Walmart bakery!