If there has been one appliance that has become life-changing in home kitchens it’s the air fryer. When air fryers first started to rise in popularity we resisted. Really hard. We have been around the block when it comes to kitchen appliances and more often than not the latest trends (or fads) become useless space wasters for kitchen counters.
The air fryer has been the one exception— it is now the one kitchen appliance that we can’t live without— and Aldi has had some great ones!
Aldi Air fryer overview
Aldi has released several models of air fryers over the last few years under the Aldi private label Ambiano brand. The look and size have changed slightly with each model, but the function is the same. Here are a few models that Aldi has offered in stores over the past few years:
- Ambiano XL Air Fryer – $59.99
- Ambiano Air Fryer – $49.99
- Ambiano Compact Air Fryer – $34.99
- Ambiano Power Air Fryer Oven with Rotisserie – $89.99
- Ambiano 3.5-Quart Air Fryer – $49.99
What brand make the Aldi Air fryer?
From what we can tell from an Aldi Air Fryer user manual, at least one model of air fryer sold at Aldi is made by Medion, a German consumer electronics company.
How much is the Aldi Air fryer?
Aldi air fryers vary in price depending on the size and model. Typical pricing for an Aldi air fryer ranges from $34.99 for a compact version to $59.99 for an XL version.
We’re going to take a look a the Ambiano XL Air Fryer because it’s the most recent air fryer model to be sold at Aldi:
Aldi Air Fryer Features
Ambiano XL Air Fryer Details:
- Price: $59.99
- 5.28-quart (5 L) basket capacity
- Dual chamber basket lets you cook two foods at once
- Digital control panel with touch screen
- LCD display
- Eight preset programs
- 60-minute digital timer
How to use Aldi Air fryer?
The best thing about an air fryer is how easy it is to use. There are 5 simple steps.
Step 1: Turn on the air fryer.
Step 2: Place food items in the air fryer basket.
Step 3: Set air fryer temperature.
Step 4: Set cooking time.
Step 5: Press start.
Air fryer temperature and cooking time will depend on what you are cooking. Each air fryer comes with a manual that has a guideline for temperature and cooking times.
If we are air frying something that is frozen and precooked, we will set the time for 10 minutes with the temperature at 400 degrees— that usually does the trick. We check on the basket midway through for visual crispiness. If cooking raw foods, you will want to make sure you have a cooking thermometer to temp before serving.
Sample Air Fryer Cooking Times
- Chicken wings 400F for 18 mins
- Chicken breast 360F for 20 mins
- Chicken thighs, boneless 360F for 15-17 mins
- Chicken tenders 400F for 1-12 mins
- Pork chops, boneless 400F for 12 mins
- Bacon, 400F for 10 mins
- Pork tenderloin, 1.5 lb 400 for 20 mins
- Burgers 360F for 12 mins
- Meatballs 400F for 10-12 mins
- Sirloin steak 400F for 10-12 mins
Is the Aldi Air fryer any good?
Yes, the Aldi air fryer is very good— as good as any other air fryer brand!
Here are a few reviews from the Aldi Aisle of Shame Facebook community:
“Air Fryers are game changers!”
“100% night and day difference on how crispy stuff gets in the air fryer vs a standard oven. It also takes way less time. They’re totally worth it. I’ve had mine for almost 3 years. We’re upgrading soon to something a bit bigger because I use it more than my oven.”
“We make everything in ours – cheese sticks, french bread pizzas, egg rolls, chicken wings. I even made a meatloaf, steaks, corn on the cob, baked potatoes”
How do you cook Aldi chicken breast in an air fryer?
- To cook frozen chicken breasts in the air fryer: Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees F. Drizzle the chicken with olive oil and salt and pepper (or other seasonings as desired). Air fry the chicken for 18 to 20 minutes, flipping once halfway through. Temp to 165 degrees F before serving.
- To cook raw chicken breasts in the air fryer: Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F. Drizzle the chicken with olive oil and salt and pepper (or other seasonings as desired). Air fry the chicken for 12 minutes, flipping once halfway through. Temp to 165 degrees F before serving.
How does Aldi red bag chicken cook in air fryer?
Aldi Red bag chicken cooks best in the air fryer— it’s by far our preferred method of cooking Kirkwood Breast Fillets!
- Set the air-fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and let it cook for 10 minutes on each side.
- If you want the breading to be crispier, you can do 15 minutes on each side.
How do I clean my Ambiano air fryer?
Aldi air fryers are non-stick, so they are effortless to clean. We use both of these methods depending on how much grease is on the removable insert and fry basket.
Before cleaning, switch off the air fryer and unplug it from the outlet. Remove the insert and the fry basket.
- Wipe the insert and fry basket with a damp cloth or—
- Clean with hot water and a little detergent with a non-abrasive sponge.
- Dry each piece and return them to the air fryer.
How big is the Aldi air fryer?
Aldi air fryers vary in size based on their capacity. The XL version has a 5.28-Quart (5 L) capacity. We have also seen a 3.5-Quart capacity air fryer and a smaller compact version. All can fit on a kitchen countertop.
If you are ready to get on the air fryer bandwagon (and trust us, it’s life-changing!), or you’re already a fan and need to upgrade to a new model, Aldi is a fantastic place to purchase an air fryer for your kitchen. We notice that air fryers come around approximately four times a year, so each quarter you are likely to find a new model at Aldi.
Watch the weekly Aldi ad and Aldi Sneak Preview ads to find out when Aldi air fryers will be in stores.