Do you often find yourself spending more than you planned on everyday items? Well, I recently made a visit to Dollar General and saved a whopping $105.48 on 29 items! And guess what? All I used were digital coupons. Read on to find out how.
A Dollar General Haul to Remember
I headed to Dollar General with a goal to save as much as I could using digital coupons. With Christmas approaching, we could all use a bit more savings. If you’re new to couponing, or simply looking to sharpen your skills, I’ve got a workshop available that will teach you how to save big, and it’s currently just $15.
The Deals I Scored
- All Free and Clear Detergent: Dollar General had these for $5 each. Using a store coupon, I got $5 off on a $15 purchase. On top of that, I also had a manufacturer coupon that gave me $3 off for two and $1.50 off for one. If you’re lucky, you may find cashback offers on apps like ShopMe. I managed to get 3 All Free and Clears for an amazing deal.
- Caesar Dog Food: Priced at $8, there was a digital coupon that shaved off $5. It’s always great to find savings on essentials for our furry friends!
- Kinder Candies: Originally, I tried to utilize a $3 off coupon for two Kinder candies priced at $1.40 each. However, this didn’t work out, so I had to opt for another deal.
- Vix Drops: Instead of the Kinder candies, I went for the Vix Drops priced at $2.50. Using a $2 digital coupon, it was a steal at just 50 cents.
- I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter: At $4 with a $1 digital coupon, it was a pretty good deal. But always make sure to scan your items. Sometimes the offers are exclusive to certain brands or products.
- Nivea Products: Priced at $5.75, a $3 digital coupon brought the price down to $2.75. There’s potential for cashback, so keep an eye out.
- Greeting Cards: With a 50 Cent store coupon, it reduces the cost to 49 cents, essentially getting the card for a penny.
- Transaction Total: Before coupons, the total was $25.45. After the coupons, the total became $4.46. However, with the DG cash, everything became just $1.46, or 18 cents each for a collection of items.
- DG Cash: The person reused their DG cash to reduce the out-of-pocket expenses.
- Items Bought: This includes “all” (a product or brand, possibly another product or brand), “I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter”, greeting cards, Palm Olive, etc. Digital coupons were used for these products. After applying the DG cash from a previous transaction, the out-of-pocket payment was reduced.
- Other Products and Deals:
- Vapor Drops: Found and possibly used as a filler item.
- X Body Wash: Two were picked at $5.50 each with a $4 off of two digital coupon and another two off of six store digital.
- Febreze Fabric Spray: $4 with a $2.30 digital coupon.
- Munchies: $3.45.
- Aquafina Water: $2.25 with a $3 digital coupon.
- Big Cup Drops: $2.50 with a $2 digital coupon.
- Crest Toothpaste: Two of them at $1 each with a $3 off of two digital coupon.
- The mentioned deal brought the total to $25.20. After all discounts, the total was $3.90 or 48 cents each.
- Palm Olive was also considered as a substitute for Febreze in another transaction.
- DG Cash Rolling: The individual continued to roll their DG cash, which reduced the amount of personal money spent.
A Few Tips from My Haul:
- Always clip your digital coupons as soon as you see them. They have limits and might run out if you delay.
- Check cashback apps for possible reimbursements. Even if you don’t see a digital coupon, there might be cashback available.
- Always scan items with the Dollar General app to confirm they match up with the deals you’re hoping to use.
- Adjust based on the situation. Not all deals will go as planned. Always have a backup option in case something doesn’t pan out.
Clearance Updates for Tuesday, September 19th:
- Items going to 90% off: A certain product (referred to as “these little guys”) that Christy predicts might become a penny the following Tuesday.
- Freezer bars are going to be 70% off. There were five items included in the freezer bars list.
Penny List for Tuesday:
- Hand sanitizer spray: Comes in a variety of different colors.
- Gray Diamond socks: These have been on clearance for a while. Many might have already picked them up at 90% off, but some are still available mixed in with other socks.
- Green star socks: Only these socks are pennying on Tuesday. The green star apparel, accessories, and shoes are on a separate clearance cycle.
With a little planning and strategic use of digital coupons, you too can achieve impressive savings at Dollar General. Remember, every cent counts, and with the festive season approaching, your savings can add up for those special gifts.