Like most people, you’re probably looking for ways to save money. One great way to do that is to take advantage of cashback rewards programs. Kroger, one of the largest grocery stores in the United States, offers a cashback program for its customers.
But how does it work? How can you redeem your cashback? In this post, we’ll answer those questions and more. So, keep reading to learn more about Kroger’s cashback program.
How Does Kroger Cashback Work?
Kroger’s cashback reward program enables you to earn rewards by shopping at Kroger and swiping your Shopper’s Card.
Check out the available cashback offers on Kroger’s website at any time if you’re looking to enjoy the rewards. Then, purchase the specific items either at a Kroger store or online and scan your Shopper’s card at the register. From here, you’ll earn the cashback reward which will be credited to your PayPal account or Shopper’s card.
You’ll receive cashback if you pay for items using debit cards, cash, checks, and credit cards. Some goods that are eligible for cashback at Kroger include pharmaceutical products, fuel, alcohol, gift cards, and tobacco products.
However, Kroger doesn’t offer cashback on close-out sale items or if the amount of the cashback is more than the item’s price.
How Much Cashback Does Kroger Give?
Kroger has a cashback limit of up to $300 on all purchases made with your EBT card, debit card, credit card, and check. However, there are more specific cashback limits for every mode of payment.
- Debit Cards– Here, you’re eligible for a cashback of up to $300 on all purchases. Notably, this is the highest cashback limit for any form of payment.
- Credit Cards– Kroger doesn’t offer any cashback for payments completed with a credit card.
- EBT Cards– EBT cardholders are limited to a minimum cashback of $50 and a maximum of $100 per transaction.
- Checks– Kroger offers a $20 cashback for every check used to complete purchases at the store. This is the lowest cashback limit for any form of payment.
Kroger Cash Back Sample Deals
3 Ways to Redeem Your Kroger cashback
Kroger cashbacks are available at the self-checkout, register, and customer service desk. Here’s how to redeem your cashback, depending on the touchpoint you are at.
- At The Self-Checkout– If you have a balance of more than $2, you can redeem it for a coupon at the self-checkout. The coupon will be valid for the next shopping trip, and it cannot be used with any other offer.
- At The Register– With a balance of more than $10, you can redeem it for a physical or digital coupon. The physical coupon will be printed and attached to your receipt, while the digital coupon will be sent to your email.
- At The Customer Service Desk-If you have a balance of more than $25, you can redeem your cashback for a physical or digital coupon. The physical coupon will be mailed to your house, while the digital coupon will be sent to your email.
How Long Does Kroger Cashback Process Take?
Kroger processes cashbacks in seven business days. The processing may be faster for some cash out methods, but the maximum period is seven days.
How Much Does Kroger Charge for Cashback?
Kroger charges a cashback fee of between $0.50 to $3.50 for every purchase that qualifies for cashback. Kroger started charging for cashbacks because retailers and other banks increased ATM fees while others limited the cashback amount.
Is Kroger Cashback the Same as Ibotta?
Yes, Kroger cashback is the same as Ibotta’s. Ibotta works by giving cashbacks to customers on specific items. Kroger has a similar program where customers receive cashbacks for particular items.
How Long Does it Take for Kroger Cashback to Transfer to PayPal?
Kroger takes up to 6 hours to transfer the cashback to PayPal. The time may be shorter or longer depending on various factors such as the customer’s location and the volume of transactions at the time.
Can You Get Cashback on Kroger Gift Card?
No, Kroger gift cards cannot get cashbacks. However, the cards can be used to purchase other items eligible for cashbacks.
Can You Get Cashback with Kroger Pay?
No, Kroger Pay doesn’t support cashback. However, the app offers other benefits, such as coupons and fuel points.
Is There an App for Kroger Cashback?
No, cashbacks at Kroger can only be viewed through the website. The app only provides coupons and fuel points. To view your cashback offers, click on “My cashback Offers” on the cashback Offers Page.
What Are Some Kroger Cashback Errors?
Sometimes, a user may pay for an item that’s eligible for cashback but doesn’t receive the cashback. This may be because the item wasn’t scanned at the register.
Another common error is that if you purchase an item that’s eligible for cashback but has a coupon, only one of the two will be applied. Make sure to read the coupon fine print to see if the item is eligible for cashback.
Kroger offers cashback, starting from $20 to a maximum of $300. The cashback process usually takes seven business days to process, and attracts a fee of between $0.50 and $3.50. If you’re looking for additional details about the cashback rewards, check out Kroger’s website and see what’s eligible for it.