If you’re a vegan or need to reduce your meat intake, Trader Joe’s has a nice assortment of veggie burgers to choose from.
This article will give you a better understanding of Trader Joe’s veggie burgers, their ingredients, cooking methods, and some recipes to try out.
What Kind of Veggie Burgers Does Trader Joe’s Have?
Trader Joe’s offers a variety of frozen veggie burgers. You can choose from either of the following burgers;
Trader Joe’s high-protein veggie burgers are meatless burgers made of non-GMO pea protein, black beans, brown rice, and other ingredients. The burgers have 26 grams of protein per serving, are gluten-free, and are suitable for vegans.
These veggie burgers are a product of Dr. Preagers. You can buy them at any Trader Joe’s outlet in the frozen foods section.
The frozen burgers come pre-cooked and only need heating before consumption. There are two large burger pieces in every pack, with each box going for $3.49.
Trader Joe’s Quinoa Veggie Burger
The Quinoa cowboy veggie burger contains quinoa, black beans, brown rice, and corn. It also has seasonings like cumin, coriander, garlic, cilantro, and lime juice for a distinct Southwest flavor.
The burgers come in a pack of four (12oz), with each piece wrapped in plastic foil. One package retails for $3.69.
Each burger has 180 calories per serving, is suitable for vegans, and is gluten-free. You can buy these burgers from all Trader Joe’s stores in the frozen foods section.
Trader Joe’s Vegetable Masala Burger
This veggie burger contains potatoes, carrots, onions, cauliflower, peas, and spices. The burger has a mild, slightly sweet taste and is best suited for those who like Indian flavors.
Each box sells for $3.19 and contains four burgers, with each burger having 120 calories. The burgers are suitable for vegans and are gluten-free. You can get them in the frozen foods section of your local Trader Joe’s.
Trader Joe’s Thai Sweet Chili Veggie Burger
Trader Joe’s Thai sweet chili veggie burger has brown rice, carrots, black rice, soy, and vegetables. The ingredients are all-natural, and it contains no GMOs or preservatives.
It has a nice blend of spices, giving it a unique flavor. The burgers come in a box containing four patties. Each patty has 170 calories and comes pre-cooked.
You can get this burger from your local TJ’s frozen foods section for $3.69. The burger is suitable for vegans though it is not gluten-free.
How Many Calories Are in Trader Joe’s Veggie Burgers?
Trader Joe’s has some decent veggie burgers under 200 calories per serving. The only exception is the high-protein veggie burger with 260 calories per serving.
Trader Joe’s Thai Sweet Chili Veggie Burger Ingredients and Nutritional Facts
Trader Joe’s Vegetable Masala Burger Ingredients and Nutritional Facts
|Four servings per container
|Each burger (71g)
|Calories amount per serving
|120 (Calories from fat – 70)
|% daily value
|Total fats 8g
|Saturated fats 1g
|Trans fat 0g
|Dietary fiber 1g
Trader Joe’s High Protein Veggie Burger Ingredients and Nutritional Facts
Trader Joe’s Quinoa Veggie Burger Ingredients and Nutritional Facts
Is Trader Joe’s Veggie Burger Healthy?
Trader Joe’s veggie burger is healthy and has organic pinto beans, quinoa, rolled oats, and brown rice. The burger doesn’t have any artificial ingredients or preservatives. Most burgers have less than 3 grams of sugar per serving.
Best Ways to Cook Trader Joe’s Veggie Burger
- Preheat your air fryer to 375°F
- Place your veggie burger in the air fryer basket and cook for 8 minutes
- Flip them halfway through to cook both sides until they turn brown
- Preheat your oven to 375°F
- Lay your veggie burgers on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 12-14 minutes
- Ensure you flip them halfway through to cook both sides
- Heat a nonstick frying pan over medium heat
- Add one tablespoon of oil or butter to the pan
- Once hot (but not smoking), place your frozen veggie burger on the pan
- Cook for 5 minutes on each side until they turn golden brown
- Place your thawed veggie burgers in a microwave-safe bowl
- Put some plastic wrap over the bowl to cover the burgers
- Cook for about 2 minutes on medium-high heat
- Flip them over and cook them again for another minute or so until golden brown
Trader Joe’s High Protein Veggie Burger Recipe
- One package of Trader Joe’s high protein veggie burger (4 patties)
- Four slices of cheese
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
- Two hamburger buns
- One large sliced tomato
- Two shredded cups of lettuce
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray
- Place the frozen veggie burger patties on the baking sheet, spacing them evenly
- Bake for 12 minutes and flip them over in between the baking
- Remove from oven, top each burger with one slice of cheese, return to oven, and bake until the cheese melts
- Cut the hamburgers buns into two pieces
- Heat them on medium heat for 2-3 minutes and remove
- Spread the mayonnaise on the buns
- Add the lettuce and tomatoes
- Place your burgers between the buns and top with the lettuce and tomatoes
- Serve immediately
Trader Joe’s Veggie Masala Burger Recipe
- 2 Trader Joe’s vegetable masala burgers
- Two slices of cheese
- 1/4 cup Marinara sauce
- Two hamburger buns
- 1/4 cup prepared coleslaw
- Sliced red onion, tomatoes, pickle relish, mayonnaise
- Cook the veggie burgers according to package directions
- Place a slice of cheese on each burger and continue cooking until it melts
- Remove the burgers from the skillet and set aside
- Toast the buns in the skillet for about one minute per side until golden brown
- Spread the marinara sauce and coleslaw on the buns
- Place a burger on each bun and top with red onion, tomatoes, relish, and mayonnaise
- Serve immediately
Trader Joe’s Thai Sweet Chili Veggie Burger Recipe (vegan & gluten-free)
- 1 Trader Joe’s Thai sweet chili veggie burger patty
- Two slices of vegan cheese
- One small sliced onion
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- Three tablespoons of freshly chopped basil leaves
- Two teaspoons of gluten-free soy sauce
- One bun
- Cook the burger in a skillet or microwave over medium heat according to package instructions
- Add the cheese to the burgers and heat until it melts
- In a separate skillet over medium heat, saute the onion, carrot, and basil with the soy sauce until tender for about 5 minutes
- Slice the bun into two halves and heat them in the microwave for one minute
- Place the burger on the bun with desired toppings and serve
Trader Joe’s Quinoa Veggie Burger Recipe
- Trader Joe’s quinoa veggie burgers
- Four whole-wheat buns
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
- One sliced tomato
- 3 cups mixed salad greens
- Preheat the oven to 375°F
- Spray the baking sheet with cooking spray and place the burgers on the baking sheet
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until heated through
- Toast the buns for 3-5 minutes in the oven over medium heat
- Spread each bun with one tablespoon of mayonnaise dressing and top with salad greens and tomato slices
- Place the burgers on between the vegetables and serve warm
Are Trader Joe’s Veggie Burgers Good?
Trader Joe’s veggie burgers are non-GMO and made from mostly organic ingredients. They are suitable for vegans and those who like gluten-free foods. Below are some customer reviews of the burgers.
Perfect for a Keto diet
However, some customers didn’t like the burgers that much.
What is the best veggie burger at Trader Joe’s?
The quinoa veggie burger tops the list of all Trader Joe’s burgers. This burger has a unique blend of spices and vegetables that create an unbeatable taste. It’s also great with all of your typical hamburger toppings; lettuce, tomato, cheese, and so on.
What do you serve with Trader Joe’s veggie burger?
You can serve the burgers on buns with lettuce, tomato, onions, ketchup, mustard, and pickles.
What toppings can we add to veggie burger masala?
Some toppings for this burger include sliced red onion, sliced avocado, shredded lettuce, and tomato slices.
Does Trader Joe’s have veggie platters?
Trader Joe’s has veggie platters with fresh vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, celery, and cherry tomatoes.
Was there a recall with Trader Joe’s quinoa cowboy burger?
There was a recall of the quinoa cowboy burgers due to Listeria Monocytogenes. The affected burgers were those produced between 01/28/2018 to 04/20/2018, inclusively.
Where can you buy Trader Joe’s veggie burgers?
You can buy Trader Joe’s veggie burgers at any of Trader Joe’s locations around the country.
Veggie burgers are a great alternative to hamburgers or meat patties. They are an excellent option for people with gluten intolerances or allergies.
Trader Joe’s veggie burgers will give you a great-tasting meal that’s filling and easy to make. The large variety of flavors on offer will provide an excellent choice for your taste buds.