Sending money to over 100 countries is quick and easy with Western Union. Western Union has been a reliable brand in money transfer services for decades. Western Union and Kroger have maintained a long-standing relationship that has enabled them to serve customers all over the United States and around the world.
So, if you are interested in learning more about how to send and receive money, Western Union and Kroger are your best choice. Read on to learn how you can use Western Union’s services at your local Kroger location.
Kroger stores offer Western Union’s money transfer and bill payment services to their customers. Kroger and Western have kept an ongoing relationship for over 35 years. In 2020, Kroger and Western Union signed an agreement that would enable Kroger customers to continue using Western Union’s in-person and digital services.
In total, Kroger offers Western Union services in more than 2,300 stores across the United States. Western Union services are currently available at Kroger locations in the following states:
- New Mexico
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- West Virginia
Please note that not all Kroger store locations offer Western Union money services. To check individual Kroger locations offering Western Union services, check the convenient store locator.
What Money Services Does Western Union Offer?
Kroger customers can send and pick up money, buy and cash money orders, and pay bills at Western Union kiosks located within Kroger store locations. Here is a breakdown of the Western Unions services available at Kroger stores:
- Money order. Customers can send and receive money orders to individuals and businesses without a checking account. Money orders are an alternative when recipients do not accept checks or do not have a bank account.
- Money transfer. Western Union offers money transfer services to individuals within the United States and overseas. US transfers often take minutes to complete. Overseas transfers may take a few minutes or days to complete depending on the destination country.
- Money pickup. Kroger customers can pick up money at Wester Union kiosks located at Kroger locations.
- Pay bills. Customers can pay electricity, cable, and phone bills. Also, loan or mortgage payments can be made for select lenders. Customers receive proof of payment from Western Union.
Customers must furnish a valid photo ID such as a driver’s license, military ID, or passport to complete transactions or pick up money.
4 Things You Need to Prepare Before Using Western Union
There are four things customers need to prepare before using Wester Union services at Kroger: valid ID, cash or balance, recipient’s name, and address, and MTCN (money transfer control number). Here is a detailed look at each item.
- Valid ID. Customers need a valid government-issued photo ID to send or receive money. IDs such as a driver’s license, passport, or military ID are fine for US residents. Foreign nationals would need to furnish a driver’s license or passport.
- Cash or balance. Customers must have the amount to be sent in cash (plus transaction fees) when sending money. Alternatively, customers must have enough balance on their debit card (bank account) to send money.
- Recipient’s name and address. When sending money, customers must have the recipient’s name and address as shown on their valid ID. For international transfers, it is very important to have the right name and address. Misspells could cause recipients inconvenience.
- MTCN. Senders must provide the MTCN (money transfer control number) to recipients in order to pick up cash. Also, recipients must furnish their valid ID along with the MTCN to collect money.
How To Use Western Union at Kroger?
The easiest way to use Western Union services at Kroger locations is to bring the required documentation. Helpful employees can assist customers in filling out the required forms to process a transaction.
Here are some helpful tips when filling out the required forms for Western Union services at Kroger locations.
- Filling out a money order. To fill out a money order, please consider the following.
- First, fill out “pay to the order of” with the recipient’s name.
- After, fill in the amount total in numbers, not letters.
- Next, fill in the sender’s address in case there is a need for contact.
- Then, include the sender’s account number, so funds are withdrawn from that account.
- Last, the sender signs the form.
- Here is a helpful video to guide customers in filling out a money order.
Please bear in mind that processing times depend on location. Money orders and transfers take minutes within the United States. However, overseas transactions may take a few minutes, hours, or days, depending on the location.
Recipients can cash money orders at Western Union kiosks at Kroger locations. Recipients must furnish their valid ID and MTCN.
Additionally, customers can use the “Stage and Pay” service to set up their transfer and money orders before heading to a Kroger location to complete the transaction. This approach is a convenient way to save time.
Western Union Fees at Kroger
Please note that Kroger customers do not pay a fee for receiving money at other Kroger Western Union kiosks in the United States for amounts up to $2,000. Western Union charges additional fees depending on the location, mode of payment, and specific amount. Customers can send up to $5,000 to any location in the United States and overseas. The Western Union Price Estimator is a great tool that enables customers to estimate the fees for sending money to any given location.
Western Union Hours at Kroger
Most Western Union kiosks are open from 8 am to 8 pm from Monday to Sunday. Please check individual Kroger store and Western Union kiosk hours using the handy store locator. Customers can also call Western Union at 1-800-325-6000 to get more information about hours and locations. Western Union also offers a free chat service available 24/7.
Can you wire money at Kroger?
Kroger customers can send and receive money through Western Union using money orders. However, Kroger and Western Union do not process wire transfers. Banks handle wire transfers.
Does Kroger have a money machine?
Kroger customers can access ATMs in the United States. Also, Kroger customers can use Western Union services to send and receive money, pay bills, and transfer money overseas.
Does Kroger cash Western Union checks?
Kroger customers can collect money through Western Union. Also, Kroger customers can collect money orders sent through Western Union at Kroger locations. Western Union does not cash checks from other financial institutions.
Is Kroger Moneygram or Western Union?
Kroger has a long-standing partnership with Western Union, lasting over 35 years. Moneygram services are currently available at Kroger stores to pay bills only. Kroger and Moneygram signed an agreement in 2018, giving customers access to nearly 2,000 Kroger locations.
Do all Kroger stores have Western Union?
Not all Kroger stores offer Western Union services. Currently, about 2,300 Kroger locations offer Western Union services. Please check individual Kroger stores and Western Union kiosks using the handy store locator.